Not Engaged Yet

I need help making a decision

Warning:  the pictures below feature a stressed-out almost-bride wearing no makeup and fresh from having been rained on at the end of a nine-hour workday.  Viewer discretion is advised.

(I did, however, put on all my wedding day jewelry for you guys).

I can't decide whether to wear a sash with my dress.  It came with a sparkly beaded one that I didn't like, so I purchased a champagne silk one from etsy.  Now, I'm not sure I like that one either.  Can you guys help me decide whether I should:

(Oh, also, the dress wasn't zipped all the way up in the back.  That's why it looks lumpy.)

(A) Wear the dress without a sash:

(B) Wear the champagne sash:

(I could also be inspired by Schiano's dress and tie it in the front):

or (C) wear the sash that came with it?

And I have a close-up picture of the beaded one, but TK isn't letting me post it.  I'll try to add it in a minute.

Re: I need help making a decision

• Beaded sash close-up:

• I vote B -- the champagne one, tied in back.

I'm also PMing this to you because, since TK has been especially crappy of late, who knows how long this post will be up. :/
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"Sell crazy someplace else. We're all stocked up here."

• I think you happen to look beautiful. For the millionth time, I absolutely love your dress :)

This is a really tough decision! I really, really love it in all of the pictures except for with the sash tied in the front. Other than that, I am no help because I really can't choose. 

• Hmm, I had to really study these pictures to decide which one I liked the most. I think all of them look good (even the one with the beaded sash - even though in the way of beaded sashes, it isn't one of my favs). When I first saw the dress without anything I thought that it would be my pick, easy. Then I saw it in B and it got harder... then I saw C  and D and wanted it made everything more difficult. However, I think I have decided that D is my least favorite, followed by option C, and finally I'm tied between A and B. I want to see what B looks like from the backside before I fully commit to B. From the front, both options are beautiful, but depending on what B looks like from the back, I think I would go with B!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • You look fantastic!

I think your dress looks best with the beaded sash or without a sash. I like the idea of champagne sash, but I don't think it works well with your dress because of the asymmetrical seam. The colored sash looks out of place, but the beaded sash blends in and doesn't distract from the bottom part of the dress.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Elle, you are a crazy person! You always look gorgeous! I, personally, really like the sparkly belt I love everything sparkly but if you like the champagne away better I say tie it in front. I don't like it at all tied behind. I also think the dress looks gorgeous without either.

• zipis1zipis1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    I personally like it better without the sash, but if you go with the sash I'd say the sparkly one for the same reasons Ana mentioned.

• I agree with most of you guys.  I'm definitely leaning toward either the sparkly sash or no sash.  I just feel like the sparkly one might be a little too much...  I already have earrings, a bracelet, and a hairpiece...

Maybe I'll go sash-less for the ceremony and then throw on the sparkley belt when it's time to party?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-need-help-making-a-decision?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a4e90258-5494-4b07-8b15-78333e4ba121Post:18ea927c-ec48-4c90-a3d6-32b1b5bff607">Re: I need help making a decision</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with most of you guys.  I'm definitely leaning toward either the sparkly sash or no sash.  I just feel like the sparkly one might be a little too much...  I already have earrings, a bracelet, and a hairpiece... Maybe I'll go sash-less for the ceremony and then throw on the sparkley belt when it's time to party?
    Posted by Elle1036[/QUOTE]

<div>I like this idea. I really really love your dress without the sash. The sparkly belt doesn't take away from the dress either and will be perfect for a party. </div><div>
    </div><div>I think your ladies will be wearing enough champagne for all of you. :) <-- that sounds harsh, but it isn't supposed to. </div>
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-need-help-making-a-decision?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a4e90258-5494-4b07-8b15-78333e4ba121Post:18ea927c-ec48-4c90-a3d6-32b1b5bff607">Re: I need help making a decision</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with most of you guys.  I'm definitely leaning toward either the sparkly sash or no sash.  I just feel like the sparkly one might be a little too much...  I already have earrings, a bracelet, and a hairpiece... <strong>Maybe I'll go sash-less for the ceremony and then throw on the sparkley belt when it's time to party?</strong>

I like this idea too. Your dress is lovely on it's own. I don't think it needs anything extra. You are going to look beautiful!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-need-help-making-a-decision?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a4e90258-5494-4b07-8b15-78333e4ba121Post:b0488972-ea4a-42f4-8d82-c045ee5d19a6">Re: I need help making a decision</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I need help making a decision : I like this idea. I really really love your dress without the sash. The sparkly belt doesn't take away from the dress either and will be perfect for a party.<strong>  I think your ladies will be wearing enough champagne for all of you. :)</strong> <-- that sounds harsh, but it isn't supposed to. 
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

That is very true.  I hadn't picked that color for the BMs yet when I ordered the sash...  I've never liked the trend where the bride matches her sash to her BMs, so that's another good reason not to wear it, I guess.

Sucks that I wasted $50, though.
  • I love the dress and you look amazing elle!!!  I like the dress with the beaded sash, even without looks beautiful.

Anniversary

• My first instinct was the champagne sash tied in the back. Buttt, I also like the sparkly one AND the dress without either sash. So, basically I'm no help at all, but I think this just means its a win win situation, and you will look beautiful no matter what!
  • EC88EC88 member
    First Comment
    I love your dress and I don't think you need the sash at all. If you do wear a sash I like the champagne one tied in front. No matter what is is beautiful though.
  • I like no sash, but I also like the idea of adding the sash for the reception.  It's not as crazy as changing dresses for the reception, but it adds a little flavor or something to your wedding :)  And I would go with the champagne sash, but it looks like I'm outvoted above :)  Plus, I'm a science teacher - I really don't have that great a fashion sense!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • I still love the Champagne sash.  I don't know that it'll really match your BMs, since you told them to go crazy with the neutrals.

I'd love to see the look of the beaded sash over the champagne.  I think it could give it a very different look that could be fantastic.
    I french with my man
  • In Response to Re:I need help making a decision:[QUOTE]1 I want your dress. Maybe even just to, you know, wear around the house. I adore it.2 I'd go no sash. Doesn't need it and I think both sashes detract from the beautiful lines of the dress. Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

All of this. I vote no sash. You can always sell it and get back some of the money!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• I think you can't go wrong with any of the options you listed. The dress looks awesome on you no matter what you do.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-need-help-making-a-decision?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a4e90258-5494-4b07-8b15-78333e4ba121Post:e5074984-dae7-4417-a386-bf8a3e8396f5">Re: I need help making a decision</a>:
    [QUOTE]I still love the Champagne sash.  I don't know that it'll really match your BMs, since you told them to go crazy with the neutrals.<strong> I'd love to see the look of the beaded sash over the champagne.  I think it could give it a very different look that could be fantastic.</strong>
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

I like this idea, too.  I tried playing with it a little, but the sashes are really different in length and texture, so I think I would need to get them sewn into the dress if I were do that...  and I don't feel like I have time.
  • my vote is champagne, sparkly, or none.  now I'll go back and read responses.

I realize my vote doesn't really help...  but you look so prett-ay.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-need-help-making-a-decision?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a4e90258-5494-4b07-8b15-78333e4ba121Post:4c89c24d-cf48-4192-993d-2ed8ccc3d370">Re: I need help making a decision</a>:
    [QUOTE]my vote is champagne, sparkly, or none.  now I'll go back and read responses. I realize my vote doesn't really help...  but you look so prett-ay.
    Posted by CocoBellaF[/QUOTE]

Haha.  Thanks, Coco!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-need-help-making-a-decision?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:a4e90258-5494-4b07-8b15-78333e4ba121Post:01dc4016-cd3d-4490-8968-8bf63c4897b8">Re: I need help making a decision</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think you can't go wrong with any of the options you listed. The dress looks awesome on you no matter what you do.
    Posted by niknik15[/QUOTE]

OMG 2 days!  are you excited?  nervous?  stressed??
  • I changed my vote upon closer inspection:  SPARKLY.
  • I think your dress is really, really lovely.  I think everyone also makes excellent points with their justifications, but we all have such different ideas.... which means that, in the long of it, you really can't go wrong with your options.

I like the champagne sash best, but again, really, you can't go wrong.
    [QUOTE]I agree with most of you guys.  I'm definitely leaning toward either the sparkly sash or no sash.  I just feel like the sparkly one might be a little too much...  I already have earrings, a bracelet, and a hairpiece... <span style="font-weight:bold;">Maybe I'll go sash-less for the ceremony and then throw on the </span>sparkley<span style="font-weight:bold;"> belt when it's time to party?</span>

I was just going to suggest this! Glad I read the whole thread first :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I like the beaded sash it came with for the reasons Ana mentioned. I like sashes in general because they break your bottom half away from your upper half without drawing attention to your chest.
    www.nurseyk.weebly.com
  • B! Its stuning! You look beautiful even after 9 hours of work!
  • Potterhead!  I vote no sash as well!  8 days!
  • doubleSS07doubleSS07 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited June 2012

Elle are you wearing a veil for the ceremony?

If you are I like the idea of adding the sash and losing the veil for the reception.  I think it would give just enough change and plus I like sparklies hehe!  You are going to be stunning no matter what you choose though :)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_i-need-help-making-a-decision?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:a4e90258-5494-4b07-8b15-78333e4ba121Post:24159e43-0613-4197-ac30-143f08c394bd">Re: I need help making a decision</a>:
    [QUOTE]1) I want your dress. Maybe even just to, you know, wear around the house. I adore it. 2) I'd go no sash. Doesn't need it and I think both sashes detract from the beautiful lines of the dress.
    Posted by LivLeighton[/QUOTE]

This exactly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards