Pre-wedding Parties

bachelorette party

What are you doing for your bachelorette party?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: bachelorette party

• loop0406loop0406 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Going to vegas !
  • edited December 2011
    I did not have a bachelorette party.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Vegas!!! Whoo-hoo!

But that's because we planned way ahead so everyone who wants to go could save up. Plus, I hunted for hotel deals. We live in California so me and most of the girls going are driving down.

I say that a night out on the town with your girls would be great. Maybe start the evening with a nice dinner, to be classy, then you do a pub crawl or rent a VIP booth at a club.

Doing it at someones house is always fun too. That way no one has to worry about getting home. Do games, watch movies, have fun mixing drinks...make it an adult slumber party.

There are no set rules for a bachelorette party...you don't even need to have one. Just make sure that its something within everyone's budget and that you have a blast!
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, you're not supposed to plan your own bachelorette party - even if you do make the plans a year in advance.

My bachelorette was dinner and drinks with the girls.  It was a blast.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_pre-wedding-parties_bachelorette-party-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:32Discussion:e2965399-eff6-4612-ae7b-3edc0fdfc3f5Post:e6dfad77-fd08-440f-a627-736270d33ec5">Re: bachelorette party</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, you're not supposed to plan your own bachelorette party - even if you do make the plans a year in advance. My bachelorette was dinner and drinks with the girls.  It was a blast.
    Posted by banana468[/QUOTE]

I can see its a definite no-no to plan a bridal shower (why not just demand gifts) but a bachelorette party is just that: a party. If she wants to plan it herself what's the big deal.

I'm helping out my MOH because I'm the only central connection between the 15+ people who are going. I helped out my MOH by getting the ball rolling with hotels, and have helped some people get flights etc. At this point all I know is where we are staying and when we are getting there/leaving. Apparently they have made other plans with out my knowledge. I don't see anything wrong with helping with logisitics.
  • banana468banana468 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's fine to help with the logistics if they ask.  No harm there.

The issue is that the bachelorette is a party for you.  And just like it's inappropriate to throw yoru own engagment party or birthday party, it's just as inappropriate to throw your own bachelorette because it's a party that you'd be throwing in honor of yourself.
  • pulga131pulga131 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just to clarify- I've been married for 5 1/2 years.  Im a bridesmaid in a friends wedding next week and am trying to plan her bachelorette party
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • bablingbrookebablingbrooke member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had a three-day weekend:
    -Hollywood/mayhem on Friday
    -Disneyland Saturday
    -Drive home Sunday

Best weekend ever.  I have great friends :)
    Courtesy of megk8oz
    "I think bablingbrooke is the 13 yr old marring her cousin at the town hall. Lets all give her a big hand. And hope her inbred children can live normal lives." -tabs.

A word of warning from your friends at Cracked.com: Remember that text is going to be how you make your first impression over the internet; if every third word you type is misspelled, people will automatically assume that you're a moron.
  • christina inachristina ina member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My MOH is hosting pizza, drinks, and games at my house (she's already gone bananas and bought a buttload of decorations and other paraphernalia and she's out-of-state! lol) and then we're going downtown to a bar/lounge for drinking and dancing.

October 2010 Siggy: Wedding bands

Photobucket

Wedding Countdown Ticker

-Christina-
    :planning bio:
  • edited December 2011
    I need help! What do I do if one person in the bridal party is not attending the bachelorette...does she still pay her part or does she not have to pay because she chooses not to attend? What is the proper etiquette? Is it fair for the rest of the girls to pay her part or increase their divided up amounts?

HELP PLEASE!
  • edited December 2011
    If she chooses not to go the "her part" doesn't exist anymore. Bachelorette parties aren't a requirement so no one should be expected to pay for it. If you and the other BMs want to throw a bachelorette party that's your choice, one this other girl opted out of.
  • msapril0730msapril0730 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I'm plannig my own bachlorette party with help from my MOH. I don't care what anyone thinks about me throwing my own bachlorette party, it works for my situation. Why does everyone think that you have to do every single aspect of your wedding by the book?

I'm also throwing myself a 30th bday party!! I guess I'm all screwed up Surprised
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • MelissaBarakMelissaBarak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Total Experiences is a unique new program that offers a personal level of service to help you customize and plan all the details of your group trip or special occasion. Whether it's a girl's getaway, bachelor/ette party, or spa getaway, this exclusive service is fully complimentary when you book 5 or more rooms through Total Experiences. Contact me, Melissa Barak at mbarak@harrahs.com.www.totalexperiences.com
  • MelissaBarakMelissaBarak member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Total Experiences is a unique new program that offers a personal level of service to help you customize and plan all the details of your group trip or special occasion. Whether it's a girl's getaway, bachelor/ette party, or spa getaway, this exclusive service is fully complimentary when you book 5 or more rooms through Total Experiences. Contact me, Melissa Barak at mbarak@harrahs.com.www.totalexperiences.com
  • HikeBanditHikeBandit member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recently went to a bachelorette party on a party bus in Seattle. It was so much fun! http://www.seattlepartybusrentals.com The driver was super courteous, and cute, too!
  • edited December 2011
    I'm actually going to one that I planned tonight.
    We're having dinner with all the wedding party as that was what was required including the kids, parents etc (whatever makes folks happy).
    We live by Philly so I called some local places to check out bachelorette specials. Mad River has two or three hour drink specials with three tiers of liquor (well, normal, premium) and then we're going to another place without cover. 
    I'm not into the limo bus since it seems like it costs around 60 a person often so we're taking taxis as needed. 
    We put a lot out for the shower so I don't think anyone really wanted to have one nigh cost a few hundred dollars. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards