June 2012 Weddings

What would you name kids?

Some people mentioned it in the other thread - what would you name future children? Do you have a name you would love to use but FI said no? A name you've never told FI? Why did you pick the name? 

Just a fun little game/get to you know thread for the night! :)

Re: What would you name kids?

• We have two girl names and one boy - Sophia Michelle and Reagan Grace; then Elijah Luis for a boy. FIs name is Luis and I hate Jr's so that's the best I can compromise.
    Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • We both really like Odin ----- Johnson for a boy. Not sure on the middle name now. His brother took the one we wanted, which was James.

We don't really have many girl names we both like. I liked Annie Lynn Johnson. (Ann is his moms middle, Lynn is my moms middle.) I also like Kendall Ann Johnson. Kendall is my last name.

Chad likes Hilde (pronounced Hildie) for a girl. I like it too, but I don't want all of our kids to have the same type of names. (Scandinavian/Viking/whatever names.)

I will have to think about this one more and let you know. haha

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We've already pretty much decided on Calvin for a boy, which FI picked out and I love. I love the name Cordelia for a girl, but FI vetoed that one since I got it from watching Buffy :) Also, I wanted the  name Harper Olivia, but FI's last name starts with a G, so her initials would be HOG and I just couldn't do that to my child.

Also, this is a little weird, but I keep a list of baby names on my phone in case I ever think of one that I like. And FI and I aren't planning on having kids for at least a few years. (He says 5, I say 3)
  • First kid is Andrew Michael or Andrea Kay. FI and I owe our relationship to someone named Andy, so that's the first name. Michael is my father's middle name. Kay is my mother's. Second set of names is Nathan Anthony or Kaitlyn Elizabeth. Or possibly Briony Elizabeth.
  • If I had my way right this moment, boy names would include Carter, Aedric, and Julien; girl names would include Caprice, Gisela, and possibly Vittoria (Italian spelling of Victoria, it's a family name).  For the most part I have no idea why I love these names so much; Caprice appeals to me because I loooove goats and raised them for a very long time (my family still does) and it reminds me of them because the "technical" word for a goat is caprine.  For the rest, it's primarily that I love the way they sound,.

FI has never heard these names.  I've tried to bring it up a few times just for fun, but despite being on board with discussion of having kids, what we do with them after we've had them is something he doesn't really want to talk about.  He keeps saying it's something to talk about later, and changes the subject.
    Mrs. Abbe Peanut Butter || Planning Bio
    June 2012 February Signature: Favorite picture of you & FI
  • We don't talk about it at all. FI is "the second" so I said no "the third" but that's about it.
    Anniversary
  • edited February 2012
    I have a long list of names that I like, although no combinations yet. And FI and I have talked about it although we both agree no kids for 3-5 years. One girl HAS to be Vivian either first or middle name though, that's my greatgrandmother's name and it's really important to me.

GIRLS:
    Cecily 
    Vivian
    Sophia 
    Jane 
    Jocelyn  
    Tessa
    Caroline
    Claire

BOYS:
    William 
    Rowan 
    James 
    Wyatt
    Liam 
    Thomas 
    Malcolm

• If we have children and happen to have a boy it will for sure be named after FI. FI is a 3rd so our son would be a 4th. I can't do roman numerals for some reason. I am always changing my mind for girls. I do like Shelby though. I would also like to use my dad name. He passed away when I was younger and I think it would be nice.
  • A boy would be Ryan - it would be after a friend of mine that was killed in combat in Iraq and I want to honor him.

I also like Alexander or Kevin.

For a girl I have to think hmm...
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_would-name-kids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:a8434da8-2e01-418e-93e3-e963b405c1d0Post:231517a7-c319-4766-8955-e98eb90eb522">Re: What would you name kids?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a long list of names that I like, although no combinations yet. And FI and I have talked about it although we both agree no kids for 3-5 years. One girl HAS to be <strong>Vivian</strong> either first or middle name though, that's my greatgrandmother's name and it's really important to me. GIRLS: Cecily  Vivian Sophia  Jane  Jocelyn   Tessa Caroline Claire BOYS: William  Rowan  James  Wyatt Liam  Thomas  Malcolm
    Posted by cortneydear[/QUOTE]

FIs spunky grandmother's name is Vivian. I love it! I also love Betty, Evelyn and Ella. They are grandmothers and great grandmothers of ours.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_would-name-kids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:a8434da8-2e01-418e-93e3-e963b405c1d0Post:5ff409f3-647c-4b21-a9ac-51f7e2b813c1">Re: What would you name kids?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What would you name kids? : FIs spunky grandmother's name is Vivian. I love it! I also love Betty, Evelyn and Ella. They are grandmothers and great grandmothers of ours.
    Posted by doeie04[/QUOTE]

<div>My Vivian is an awesome old lady too. She's 83 and still going out to lunch with friends and teaching her sunday school class and living on her own.</div>
  • My girl will be Eryn and my boy will be Aidan. 

Eryn is after my best friend Erin Lyn who passed away 5 years ago.. Aidan is just a name that we like.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_would-name-kids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:a8434da8-2e01-418e-93e3-e963b405c1d0Post:84e5f29c-4b9c-4e0a-90b8-d4139fc671a1">Re: What would you name kids?</a>:
    [QUOTE]A boy would be Ryan - it would be after a friend of mine that was killed in combat in Iraq and I want to honor him. I also like Alexander or Kevin. For a girl I have to think hmm...
    Posted by Melissa603[/QUOTE]
    I'm so sorry :( My cousin's name is Ryan and is an amputee from Iraq. Today is the anniversary of his injury
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_would-name-kids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:a8434da8-2e01-418e-93e3-e963b405c1d0Post:ca30211f-5873-4935-a6ce-ed1b5b47b622">Re: What would you name kids?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We've already pretty much decided on Calvin for a boy, which FI picked out and I love. I love the name Cordelia for a girl, but FI vetoed that one since I got it from watching Buffy :) 
    Posted by sjhansen28[/QUOTE]
    That is great haha. I love Buffy
  • We want one boy and one girl. I'm determined to make that happen :P

Girl: Melinda Rose (I've always wanted this name and FI loved it so it stuck)

Boy: Matthew Brody (I've always loved the name Matthew and FI really liked Brody but we weren't sure how we felt about it for a first name)

In a perfect world, I'd have our first child at age 24. We'd have Matthew first to be like a protective older brother (hopefully haha) then 3-4 years later have Melinda
  • Well, my fiance's a the 4th (Eugene Ward Reese IV) , and I was told I will be disowned (from his family) if we don't name our first son the 5th.  I was pretty upset about it for awhile but I gave up- espcially since my FI is the only living male Reese in the family, so the family name would die with him.  I decided if we have a son, I'll either call him cinco (I want to teach him to speak Spanish fluently beginning at birth) or Erv (initials E.R. V- for the roman numeral)

I have tons of girl names: Kennady, Addison, Brooklyn, Noemy, Braylie,... the list could go on forever!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_would-name-kids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:a8434da8-2e01-418e-93e3-e963b405c1d0Post:59015bf8-e2d2-4a68-89ca-939808677217">Re: What would you name kids?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Well, my fiance's a the 4th (Eugene Ward Reese IV) , and I was told I will be disowned (from his family) if we don't name our first son the 5th.  I was pretty upset about it for awhile but I gave up- espcially since my FI is the only living male Reese in the family, so the family name would die with him.  I<strong>decided if we have a son, I'll either call him cinco</strong>(I want to teach him to speak Spanish fluently beginning at birth) or Erv (initials E.R. V- for the roman numeral) I have tons of girl names: Kennady, Addison, Brooklyn, Noemy, Braylie,... the list could go on forever!
    Posted by jeberes08[/QUOTE]

I used to jokingly say I was going to call our hypothetical son 4 since he would be the IV. I then read Divergent and one of the characters is named four so I was like oh cool. We said when he is in trouble he will be Cuatro. Our children will know Spanish since our entire family speaks it.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_would-name-kids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:a8434da8-2e01-418e-93e3-e963b405c1d0Post:64acd33d-34f8-4d3f-bdb5-8e13cef1954a">Re: What would you name kids?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What would you name kids? : My Vivian is an awesome old lady too. She's 83 and still going out to lunch with friends and teaching her sunday school class and living on her own.
    Posted by cortneydear[/QUOTE]

Aw! I love that!
    FIs grandma has had multiple strokes and is in a wheelchair and usually doesn't speak. You can tell from her facial expressions that she is super spunky. She will even try to excape out one of the doors at the home she is in!! haha. I never knew her when she could speak. Her face lights up when she sees me and she nods her head at me. She will even say I love you very quietly sometimes when I hug her goodbye.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_would-name-kids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:a8434da8-2e01-418e-93e3-e963b405c1d0Post:ca30211f-5873-4935-a6ce-ed1b5b47b622">Re: What would you name kids?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>We've already pretty much decided on Calvin for a boy,</strong> which FI picked out and I love. I love the name Cordelia for a girl, but FI vetoed that one since I got it from watching Buffy :) Also, I wanted the  name Harper Olivia, but FI's last name starts with a G, so her initials would be HOG and I just couldn't do that to my child. Also, this is a little weird, but I keep a list of baby names on my phone in case I ever think of one that I like. And FI and I aren't planning on having kids for at least a few years. (He says 5, I say 3)
    Posted by sjhansen28[/QUOTE]

Aww I like Calvin! I'd never thought of it..but Calvin & Hobbes is my favorite comic of all time and I love Calvin Johnson (Detroit Lions football player, who is awesome and cute).

The only the we're settled on is that if we had a boy the middle name is Anthony because that middle name is passed on to the boys in FI's family. Lots of time to think about names..we wouldn't name it until we met them anyway.
    June 16, 2012
  • I have a word document with baby names.  Top 5/6 are separated from the rest and those are ones we like the best and are agreed upon.  

Patrick 

William

Cedric

Collin

Seamus

Sophia

Emily/Emma

Isabella

Kathleen (My BF/MOH's name)

Colleen

Eloise

But we don't plan on having kids for quite awhile.  I don't think our tastes will change though :)

• For a girl we like Katherine and for a boy Kenny after FI's deceased father. Katherine I just loved as a girl's name :)
    Vacation White Knot
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_would-name-kids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:a8434da8-2e01-418e-93e3-e963b405c1d0Post:d6d4d503-bda6-449a-b948-148e47dd3326">Re: What would you name kids?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: What would you name kids? :<strong> Aww I like Calvin! I'd never thought of it..but Calvin & Hobbes is my favorite comic of all tim</strong>e and I love Calvin Johnson (Detroit Lions football player, who is awesome and cute). The only the we're settled on is that if we had a boy the middle name is Anthony because that middle name is passed on to the boys in FI's family. Lots of time to think about names..we wouldn't name it until we met them anyway.
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]

This is exactly why I loved it so much. I'd never really thought about Calvin as a name until he brought it up.
  • We have some ideas for kids names....we have 1 son now, Carter Thomas...

Boy Names:
    Cohen Jeffrey (Jeffrey is FI's middle name)
    Cam Norman (Norman was my grandpa)

Girl Names
    Korah Jill (Jill is FMIL)
    Kaydence Marie (Marie is my middle name)
    Kirsten ____
  • As I said in the last post, if it's a girl FI has always loved Rylee Marie (I spelled it wrong before).  I like the name too so I can agree to that.  Marie would be the middle name after FI's grandmother.

As for a boy, we like Logan for no real reason.  We haven't figured out a middle name yet.  I would like John because that was my grandfather's name, but it's also FI's dad's name so I don't think his mom and stepdad would be too happy about that.  Maybe it would be James after my dad.  My friend is also having her baby boy at anytime now and Logan is on their list so we may have to rethink it since we see them and hang out with them quite often.
  • edited February 2012
    For boys: Charles Maximillan (Charlie) Andrew Blount (Blount) *all family names For Girls: Olivia Warren - after my mom. I originally wanted Lucy Warren which is my grandma's name, but my cousin wanted to name his daughter that and he was way closer to our grandma. I know I don't have to, but if one of my cousins took Charles from me which is my grandpa's name, I would be furious because he was mine, so I put the same logic towards my cousin. If/when we have another girl, we haven't decided on her name yet.
  • We have a tradition for the men in our family in that the son's middle name is his father's first name. So Anthony Matthew is the first, Anthony after my grandfather. I love the name Caleb, but FI isn't so fond of it. I'm not sure about girls' names, FI has always liked Jenna. I love Devan as a girls' name, but it's my brothers name so maybe not. (His is spelled Devon.)
  • FI and I just had our first baby name talk last night! 

We only have first names so far. I have a word document and a note on my phone so if I think of a name while I'm away from my computer I remember it :)

Girls:
    Eleanor
    Charlotte
    Emma
    Grace
    I also have a thing for boys' names for girls so another few on the list are:
    Logan
    Averie
    Cameron
    Sloan

Boys:
    Harrison
    Evan
    Henry
    Logan
    Oliver

Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I like unique "A" names for girls: Adriana, Ariana, Alana...I also like Adrianne, Aubrey, Brooke, Chloe...for boys I like: Bryan, Caleb, Cory, Connor, Evan, Jordan, Luke, Michael (FI's name), Nathan (Nate), Ryan, Trevor. FI hates all of those except Aubrey and Chloe. I have read FI an entire list of boys names and he hates every single one... We have to name our son Britton. Maybe as the middle name, but FI is insisting that we have a boy with Britton somewhere in there (after his deceased little brother). Other than that we don't have a boy's name yet (at least not a full name). For girls we like Chloe, McKenzie, Aubrey, Claire, Elaine. (Chloe McKenzie, Chloe Elaine, Aubrey Claire, Aubrey Elaine).
  • We like Mason Connor for a boy and Avery Grace for a girl, but we have alot of other names we like too.
  • We have "our names" picked out, but we don't share and it's bad luck in the Jewish religion to talk about baby names.

I know fiance wants his son to be Maximillian Pierre and we would call him Max for short. I told my fiance I would give him the nickname Maxi, but he didn't seem to thrilled with that idea. LOL

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards