Snarky Brides

Morning!

Re: Morning!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ea86f648-286c-479c-905b-8b77a019f4a4Post:5c249395-5ab3-40f9-b119-49da5e37960e">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning! : I gotcha but <strong>my point isn't about advertising a product more than it is the responsibility of the consumer to take part in the decision that something is good or bad for you.  </strong>  It's chocolate nutty butter FFS, whoever approved that commercial in the Mad Men meeting should be force fed some on a salty bagel every. day.   alright i'm done with all things gooey for now.
    Posted by sultryzulu[/QUOTE]

I couldn't agree more.  People going to McDonalds and then suing for getting fat? Puh-lease.

The state of our food in general scares the crap outta me.  The things the FDA will let through... the things corporations will do to ensure they make money.. it's scary.  It's pathetic that people can find making money to be more important than the health of an entire nation.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ea86f648-286c-479c-905b-8b77a019f4a4Post:616f2198-eaf6-4723-8626-0e1718c1e863">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning! :<strong> I thought that oatmeal was supposed to be good for regulating blood sugar?</strong> I think that salad sounds awesome. I may have to try something like that this weekend.  I like the lots-of-chewing factor!
    Posted by acaponi87[/QUOTE]
    Its better than a poptart, but for my personal metabolism, it doesn't have enough protein, or maybe I don't put enough fat in it. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ea86f648-286c-479c-905b-8b77a019f4a4Post:dcb1778e-f53c-4bbf-8541-17a1cfcad5a7">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Brandi, I'm trying to figure out if your dream was realistic. How many paragraphs was her OP? 
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

We're talking about me and Blue kidnapping a major league baseball player - the OP was definitely epic.
    panther
  • Thanks ladies! I'll find out how I did in about a month or so. I wish the results were instantaneous like when we take our qualification exams, but alas, we have to wait because some people will challenge questions (since the questions are made by humans, there's always a degree of error - I even considered challenging 1 or 2 questions today), and then they publish our raw scores (how many out of 150 questions we got right). Then they factor in our award points, points for sea time/length of service/performance factors, etc, and then they put us on a list showing how well we did compared to everyone else who tested against us. It's a long complicated process, so we'll see. The very soonest I could get promoted off this test is January 1, 2013.
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • Woot woot!!!!  It looks like we've already got the condo rented out!  Turns out one of the geezer residents in the complex has a caregiver that wants to move out of the apartment complex she's currently living in.  She loves the location; she wants to try to buy a house in the neighborhood within a year or so.  She's willing to move into it, as is and even to clean it rather than having us clean it.  I was stressing about having to put all this work into it in such a short amount of time to get it ready to rent.  Yay for less stress! 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ea86f648-286c-479c-905b-8b77a019f4a4Post:dcb1778e-f53c-4bbf-8541-17a1cfcad5a7">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Brandi, I'm trying to figure out if your dream was realistic. How many paragraphs was her OP? 
    Posted by djhar[/QUOTE]

There were several.  It was like a novel describing all of the different steps (planning, preparing, execution, etc...) LOL
    imageVacation
  • Ugh I am getting so annoyed.  One of my students who is in a class by herself has been absent every day the past two weeks for French.  They're in the middle of exam period, and she has taken it upon her self to ONLY come to school when she has an exam. Otherwise she stays home.  Her mom keeps making excuses for her.  Even though they were all told that when they didn't have exams they'd have classes as regularly scheduled.
  • Mehg- I'm crossing my fingers and toes for you!  And H said to tell "Anastasia Beaverhousen" good luck!
  • LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    brandi - that's awesome.  I do see a common theme in several dreams where Blue crashes in all badass to save the day.

Yay for new tenants, BK.  Especially without all the cleaning work up front for you.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ea86f648-286c-479c-905b-8b77a019f4a4Post:bd2d922a-76bd-4dbf-be76-0e723f7baa0b">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Woot woot!!!!  It looks like we've already got the condo rented out!  Turns out one of the geezer residents in the complex has a caregiver that wants to move out of the apartment complex she's currently living in.  She loves the location; she wants to try to buy a house in the neighborhood within a year or so.  She's willing to move into it, as is and even to clean it rather than having us clean it.  I was stressing about having to put all this work into it in such a short amount of time to get it ready to rent.  Yay for less stress! 
    Posted by Bkseller13[/QUOTE]

That is awesome!!
    imageVacation
  • Really did no one watch Total Blackout?  Lol, I need to go find a clip.  I'm actually sore from laughing.
    panther
  • LP11509LP11509 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ea86f648-286c-479c-905b-8b77a019f4a4Post:8bdc5300-0ea1-4ae6-9aae-b0352a082ac1">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ugh I am getting so annoyed.  One of my students who is in a class by herself has been absent every day the past two weeks for French.  They're in the middle of exam period, and she has taken it upon her self to ONLY come to school when she has an exam. Otherwise she stays home.  Her mom keeps making excuses for her.  Even though they were all told that when they didn't have exams they'd have classes as regularly scheduled.
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Wow Chels.  I hope she's ok!  That's a lot of school to miss.  My HS had a policy that if you missed more than 6 periods of any one class in a semester, you automatically failed.  Of course there were exceptions to this (medical conditions, etc), but they were generally pretty strict about it. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ea86f648-286c-479c-905b-8b77a019f4a4Post:08e0f923-dc7a-4da2-9434-5e158c217653">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Mehg- I'm crossing my fingers and toes for you!  And H said to tell "Anastasia Beaverhousen" good luck!
    Posted by Bkseller13[/QUOTE]

Thanks again! :)
    25 in 2012 Reading Progress: 11/25 (44% toward goal)
    my currently-reading shelf:
    Mehgan's book recommendations, favorite quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (currently-reading shelf)
    Photobucket
    "Are you one of those vegetarian zombies that only eats grrrrrraaaaaaiiiinnnnnsssss?" -- raynes
    **FOR SALE NOW**
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ea86f648-286c-479c-905b-8b77a019f4a4Post:1badb559-ec41-4b65-8c1c-e87dccc4c75d">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning! : Wow Chels.  I hope she's ok!  That's a lot of school to miss.  My HS had a policy that if you missed more than 6 periods of any one class in a semester, you automatically failed.  Of course there were exceptions to this (medical conditions, etc), but they were generally pretty strict about it. 
    Posted by LP11509[/QUOTE]

We don't have policies like that because we're such a small private school, we want to make accomodations. But she (and other students) have been abusing the accomodations.  She's had a rough year emotionally so I understand that. But by letting them get by like this, they're going to be in for a rude awakening when college/jobs come because professors and bosses aren't going to care if you can't come. They'll just fire you.
  • Chels- When you say that her Mom is making excuses, what is she saying is wrong?
    imageVacation
  • Hi! I finally decdied to stop lurking and acutally post something. 

My wedding is set for September 7, 2013. I'm currently an MBA student in Albuquerque and my FI lives in St. Louis. 

School and work are currently consuming my life, but the semester will be over next week, so yay for that! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ea86f648-286c-479c-905b-8b77a019f4a4Post:b41fe49f-4697-416f-8bcf-af92151f7e7a">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chels- When you say that her Mom is making excuses, what is she saying is wrong?
    Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]

That she doesn't feel good or that she's having a bad day and can't get out of bed.
    Which, I totally get.  I had diagnosed depression in high school (idk if she has it or not, I haven't been told) and there were days that I made crap up to not go to school.  There was finally a point where my parents were like "okay, you can spend the rest of your life in bed, or you can suck it up and go to school".  They told me that they weren't calling me in sick anymore unless I was actually sick. It was tough love but it worked.  I have no clue where she's at emotionally/mentally, but if she can muster up the strengh to come in for those exams, she needs to do so for school too.
  • Chels... if a person has diagnosed depression normally the whole tough love, "suck it up" thing doesn't work.
    panther
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ea86f648-286c-479c-905b-8b77a019f4a4Post:d4872040-f049-4aef-912a-87117e9639e4">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chels... if a person has diagnosed depression normally the whole tough love, "suck it up" thing doesn't work.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

They still helped me when I was in need of it.  And I'm not saying that's what will work for her.
    Each person is obviously different.  But she comes to school for the exams (i.e. when it counts) but not for regular classes.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ea86f648-286c-479c-905b-8b77a019f4a4Post:af379fea-2017-4024-b8e1-94c38dadfe60">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Whatevs, DJ. We all know you're a old lady hating bully. ;) Chels- She's skipped a bunch of class but<strong> is still passing?</strong> Sounds like a smart kid to me. Seriously, maybe she's bored in school and needs something more challenging and mentally stimulating. Good morning! On my way out the door today I noticed that some of my seedlings are starting to sprout up. I can't wait to get home and investigate  I'm making pad thai tonight for dinner.
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]

Idk about the bolded. The other teachers don't share her scores, but especially the past couple months, she's missed more than she's here. Idk that she's passing.
  • LP11509LP11509 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ea86f648-286c-479c-905b-8b77a019f4a4Post:d4872040-f049-4aef-912a-87117e9639e4">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chels... if a person has diagnosed depression normally the whole tough love, "suck it up" thing doesn't work.
    Posted by AllAboutTheBenjamin[/QUOTE]

<div>This.  I really hope that if depression/some other mental illness IS the case for this student, that she is able to get the support that she needs.  If she's just being a brat and doesn't want to go to school, then that's an entirely different story and tough love would be more appropriate. </div>
  • LP11509LP11509 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ea86f648-286c-479c-905b-8b77a019f4a4Post:a4f78cc6-d643-49d6-bc26-87adb2e48bc3">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning! : Idk about the bolded.<strong> The other teachers don't share her scores</strong>, but especially the past couple months, she's missed more than she's here. Idk that she's passing.
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

<div>I have to admit that I'm shocked that something at your school was actually kept confidential after hearing all of the other stories you have. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ea86f648-286c-479c-905b-8b77a019f4a4Post:c38dd2e7-8a26-4064-874d-58e13324432c">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Chels, your parents knew you had diagnosed depression and just told you to 'suck it up?'  I don't get it.  Why weren't they seeking therapy for you? ETA: missing words.
    Posted by jcbsjr[/QUOTE]

I was getting therapy. And on antidepressants.  Despite all that, I still wanted to stay in bed most days.  Going to school actually helped me because I was able to get into my normal routines and feel productive and focus on more than just my thoughts.
  • LesPaulLesPaul member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    Hi Corgi!

We're gonna need pics of your pup(s).

My MIL lives near Albuquerque.
    imageFollow Me on Pinterest
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ea86f648-286c-479c-905b-8b77a019f4a4Post:daafb66e-79cb-418a-a965-7e02b74a98b0">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning! : Is she passing your class? I'm not a teacher but, I just think that as long as she's learning the material then let her do what she needs to do to learn it while she's dealing with her mental health.   If she's putting passing in jeopardy then I think a serious discussion with her and her parents would be a good idea. 
    Posted by kodakitty[/QUOTE]

Well because she's in a class on her own, there isn't any class TO be passing. When she's here she does fine.  But if she's not here, it's not like I teach to an empty classroom.  So I just keep pushing back her lessons.  I know other teachers and administration has talked to her and I've been told to just keep pushing back the lessons.  I'm guessing most of my frustration is stemming from the fact that she can just miss weeks of school and nothing is really done about it. Not to mention I just want her to succeed.  And if she doesn't come to school, she won't.
  • acaponi87acaponi87 member
    5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2012
    Chels we had a kid last year who was rarely in class. Maybe she'd come to school once a week? We had to get the police involved. Kids need to be in school. It's the law.  Unless there's something diagnosed by the doctor.
    June 16, 2012
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ea86f648-286c-479c-905b-8b77a019f4a4Post:a4f78cc6-d643-49d6-bc26-87adb2e48bc3">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning! : Idk about the bolded. The other teachers don't share her scores, but especially the past couple months, she's missed more than she's here.<strong> Idk that she's passing.
    </strong>Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

Are you going to give her a passing grade?
    imageVacation
  • Somehow I suspect that the child in question is just fine and the school administration is bending over backwards to keep one of their few remaining families happy and their tuition dollars flowing. From previous things Chels has said they seem to have quite a few parents who seem to think their children are special snowflakes who don't need to follow the rules. 

I could be wrong though! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:ea86f648-286c-479c-905b-8b77a019f4a4Post:71cc282e-a4c0-4ce4-856f-fb384d3ecca1">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! I finally decdied to stop lurking and acutally post something.  My wedding is set for <strong>September 7, 2013</strong>. I'm currently an MBA student in Albuquerque and my FI lives in St. Louis.  School and work are currently consuming my life, but the semester will be over next week, so yay for that! 
    Posted by CorgiGirl13[/QUOTE]

That's our date, too!!!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_morning-96?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:ea86f648-286c-479c-905b-8b77a019f4a4Post:293200e7-cae1-4a1f-bc78-6ccf38a8b5dd">Re: Morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Morning! : That's our date, too!!!
    Posted by LizLovesSeth[/QUOTE]

that may not be our date, but it's my birthday so 9/7 rocks  ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards