Nevada-Las Vegas

81 days left and still no dress!!!

I had a dress that I loved. When we decided that we were going to get married in Vegas instead, the dress no longer "worked" for me. We are getting married at a small chapel. I have no idea what I want from a wedding dress now! I have no idea where to start looking, what style, color. Nothing. That's what I have in the way of direction. Nothing. It seems like this small wedding is proving even more stressful than the large scale one. I'm trying really hard not to left my fiance know how badly i'm freaking out.  *pulls out hair* Ok, anxiety attack is over.

I'm looking forward tog etting to know you ladies over the next 2 months!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: 81 days left and still no dress!!!

• edited December 2011
    Don't worry, there are lots of options.  If you want a true bridal gown I suggest going to David's Bridal or a shop where you can buy off the rack.  Another option is buying online, sites such as Target, Nordstrom, Macys etc have gowns you can buy that are considered bridal or go for a formal gown.  What's your normal style like?  Funky, chic, chill, traditional.  Look for a dress that expresses who you are.
  • Sara191431Sara191431 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you go on the Dress board on the Wedding Bee, that will give you a good starting point and you can see real brides in dresses, not just models.  http://boards.weddingbee.com/board/dress

Otherwise, www.preownedweddingdresses.com is a good site to even just look at dresses.  I bought mine off of there and got a fantastic deal!

Good luck, and let me know if you have any more questions, I was quite obsessed with the dress process before I bought mine:)
  • edited December 2011
    When we first agreed on a Vegas wedding, I decided I right away that I didn't want a formal traditional gown.  Since I wanted more of a fun destination wedding feel, I envisioned an "evening gown" look.  Then I went to David's Bridal and started trying on dresses.  I ended up getting a short (below the knee) gown... nothing like I'd envisioned.  I almost didn't even try it on, but am so glad I did!  Go somewhere and just try on a bunch of styles and hopefully something will call out to you.  :)
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies! So i'm off to all of the sites you all suggested.
    I really don't think I want a true bridal gown but I don't want it to look like i'm on an outing at the beach either.

Maybe something like what glukas21 suggested?

I'd really like to be able to stick with my shoes:

http://www.stevemadden.com/item.aspx?id=51508&path=|womens shoes|womens dress|

:/ sorry, not quite sure how to link them
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I bought my dress on jcrew.com (pictured below).  They have great wedding dresses.  I payed extra for shipping and got it in 2 days.  Also, they are fully returnable.  So, you could order several styles or sizes and return what doesn't work. 

• edited December 2011
    I am getting married this weekend and after months of dress shopping and no winners, I finally found my dress last Friday! With one week to go! I too did not want to go traditional. We are having a small wedding. I chose a white cocktail dress from BCBGItem image I almost went with this long gown from bcbg as well. BCBG OFF WHITE TIERED EVENING GOWN 12 NWT $298this one is great if you want something more formal. They are both on ebay right now!
  • edited December 2011
    kpender I LOVE that first dress!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    check the wedding classifieds here on the knot....fellow and past brides may be very helpful as many of us have all stressed out about getting our gowns
  • edited December 2011
    love your shoes...they are sooo "vegas"

I think a hot sexy short dress would look great with those shoes...and maybe get a blusher veil? Id look at Nordstrom or if you have a outlet mall near you...the outlet higher end stores have great deals. HTH!
  • edited December 2011

I just got the short dress in and it fits fabulous! Looks expensive. Regularly $298. On ebay NEW for only $60. I chose these white satin kate spade shoes to go with.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards