Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Only 2-3 items on one of our registries?

Our main registries are Crate & Barrel and Macy's. As we're finishing things up, we're finding that there are a few other things we like at Bed, Bath & Beyond (around 10 or so), and a couple of specific things (2-3) that aren't available at any of these three places. We could, however register for them on Amazon. Is it silly (or overload) to have registries at 4 places when two of them are kind of small? We don't have that big of a guest list. We're inviting around 140 guests, and have roughly 60 items at C&B; 100 at Macy's (mostly our china). We've got a full range of price points covered overall. Should we just leave off the Amazon stuff? TIA!

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
photo by Scott Metzger
kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

Re: Only 2-3 items on one of our registries?

• Options
    I wouldn't register at Amazon for just a few things.  Just pick up those items yourself or wait until you get cash at your wedding and then purchase them. 
  • Options
    A registry with just 10 items on it (or even less) is just silly! I wouldn't bother with BB&B and Amazon. I would just buy those items yourself. I think a registry needs to have at least ~40 items to not look ridiculous.
    PhotobucketAnniversary Holiday
  • Options
    don't register at amazon. I think just 10 things are BB&B is fine. One of my friends did that.
  • Options
    Small registries are just fine.  As a guest, the more places a bride registers the happier I am because I have more options of places to go to purchase a gift , and usually more gift choices as well.  I don't understand why some of the frequent posters on this board say no more than 3 registries.  As long as the bride and groom are organized enough and not double-registering for the same things by accident or not registering enough items at various price points, I see no reason to stick my nose up at a couple with 4 or 5 registries.
  • Options
    Thanks for the thoughts gals! We may be able to consolidate and/or drop the Amazon but might still do BB&B. Some of the items there are ones we really would like to list.

Runaway Bride - Catch me if you can!
    photo by Scott Metzger
    kikijbird ~ Erica (aka Kiki) & Paul ~ 24 April 2010
    The JBirds Bio ~ Updated 03.02.10 - Invites!

Anniversary

• Options
    I know my older guests go to Macys when getting a wedding gift, period. They wouldn't go anywhere else. I have about 15 things on there. I've had no complaints, and things have been purchased off both my large BBB registry, and my very small Macys registry. Don't stress about small stuff like this, I doubt guests would be offended if a registry only had a few things on it.
  • Options
    airidh80airidh80 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited November 2009
    It doesn't bother me it all if a couple has a smaller registry at one place, as long as there's at least one large registry, available nationwide, preferably that allows me to purchase online.

I *like* having more options as a guest. As long as their are a variety of options in various price points, at at least one convenient store w/online options, I think you're good. 

*edited to say "online" instead of "alone" :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards