Colorado-Denver

OOT bags?

I'm about 2 months away from the wedding and am starting to freak out a little bit.  Has anybody thought about OOT bags? I'm not sure what I should include.  Anybody have any ideas? Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: OOT bags?

• brew311brew311 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are not doing them, and about 60% of our guests are OOT.  It's just not in the budget.  Personally I think they're a waste of money, and have never received one as a guest as someone else's wedding. 

But if it's in your budget, go for it!  Some ideas are water, hand fans, anything that refers to got oxygen, maps, chapstick, sunscreen, micro brewed beer, and celestial seasonings tea.  GL!
    Photobucket

Anniversary

• edited December 2011
    We did them and everyone loved the surprise when they checked in to the hotel.  We went to Costco and bought all of our stuff from there.  We bought cookies, chips, water, hershey bars (then made our own label to go around them).  Local Area magazine, fruit snacks, photo sharing card, directions to the venue, shuttle schedule, nuts, gum, advil packages.  It was expensive, after buying the bags, the goodies and the time to put them all together was very time consuming.  We made over 80 bags.  We were able to give a list of all the people staying at the hotel (the hotel had it under the room block) and the maids put the bags into everyones room upon arrival.  We had over 75% of the rooms blocked at the hotel.  So it was easy for the hotel to do that for us. 

imageimage
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • chelbell326chelbell326 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did them (pics in my bio).  They get expensive if you are doing lots of them...we ended up doing "welcome baskets" for all of the families and then bags for the couples/friends.  We included, water, Boulder Potato Chips, Rocky Mountain Popcorn, Minnie Beasleys cookies, Celestial Seasonings Tea, a deck of cards with Colorado photos on them, a Colorado postcard, & then some touristy info about Winter Park, etc.
    no identifiable siggy pictures anymore, thanks a lot stupid nest!
  • edited December 2011
    We did the same thing as PP.  I think it is the little touches that make your wedding memorable!
    GL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards