Moms and Maids

Frustrated with Mother.

I just need to vent as my fiance is at work. Im struggling with my mother and our wedding. My mom is so negative about everything! I just want her to show her excitment and acknowledge the fact that I am doing as much as I can for this wedding DIY and at low budget. I am doing all of our centerpieces (about $300 for 24 + cake table and head table) All decorations for ceremony, STD's, invitations are coming free from our tuxedo rental place, am getting grooms tux free and renting 2 childrens tuxes for a total of $60 w/ one of those free as well (we have our 3 boys being ring bearers). Our guest list is 180 including us but that is just immediate family all that we keep very close contact with. I showed her a basket I got at target for a $1 and said youll be proud of me cuz I spent so little and all I need to do is paint it. I got " I could of gave you an old easter basket or something". My fiance and I have not asked for any money from her eventhough she has offered to pitch in $500. The other day I asked her if I could use $100 of it for a downpayment on our florist and her comment was "see I knew you couldnt afford this wedding". In no shape or form did I say I couldnt afford my wedding, I just understand she cant give me all $500 at once as that is a large portion of her weekly pay check.

My fiance and I have gone over our budget and guest list multiple times and decided we could really afford about $15000 but instead we are sticking to $10000 or under.

Thanks for listening to my rant, just needed to vent.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Frustrated with Mother.

• edited December 2011
    She may feel guilty for not being able to give you the wedding and it is coming out in her behavior.  She may not be into the whole wedding thing.  She may be feeling sad to lose her daughter.  There are a lot of possibilities...and the only way to find out is to ask.

Sit down with some coffee/tea/wine and talk...it can't hurt!
    My baby girl is a married woman...and now my baby girl HAS a baby girl. Time unfolds in such an amazing way. I've been blessed!
  • kimp67kimp67 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_frustrated-mother-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:ff54916f-d6ed-42fd-a42a-2c51b0a8a3e3Post:1291a933-40e6-4c15-b475-b0556b95a4b7">Re: Frustrated with Mother.</a>:
    [QUOTE]She may feel guilty for not being able to give you the wedding and it is coming out in her behavior.  She may not be into the whole wedding thing.  She may be feeling sad to lose her daughter.  There are a lot of possibilities...and the only way to find out is to ask. Sit down with some coffee/tea/wine and talk...it can't hurt!
    Posted by Muffin'sMom[/QUOTE]

Good advice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards