Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Songs for soloist

My younger sister will be singing a solo for our ceremony.  She is in school for muscial theatre so she is defintely good.  We are actually going to have her sing before the ceremony starts because we want the actual ceremony to be short and sweet.  Our ceremony is outdoors and we are keeping it non-religious.

Any suggestions on any songs I can have her sing?  So far we have came up wuth "Nearness of You" by Norah Jones or "At Last" by Etta James.  I orginally wanted her to sing "La Vie En Rose" by Edith Piaf but she said it would not be good for her voice.  I also have been thinking about "Eternal Flame" by the Bangles (it was my fav song when I was 9), but  can't decide if that is tacky or just funny.

Re: Songs for soloist

• I would start by asking her if she has any ideas and what she feels comfortable singing.  I'm not familiar with the Norah Jones song, but "At Last" is a very difficult song to pull off.  I would hate for people to remember your sister singing for the wrong reasons.
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I am not really worried about what my sister can or cannot sing.  She is an opera singer and she was the one that suggest "At Last"  I am more looking for actuall song suggestions.
  • Havent ever heard it sung by a female but my grandpa is singing "What a Wonderful World" by Louis Armstrong
  • We're doing Ava Marie!
  • I know you said you're keeping it non-religious, but have you heard "Gloria" by Jewel? (it's on her Christmas and Lullaby albums). It's a beautiful song - light and airy. Since the words are in Latin, I think it'd be a good one to walk down the aisle to (just thinking that people might be distracted trying to hear what she's saying, instead on focusing on the moment.) Just a suggestion.
    "We belong together like the moon & stars at midnight" Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Look up Eva Cassidy's "Songbird" version. It's beautiful. I'm thinking of walking down the aisle to it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards