Missouri-St Louis

Outside Photo Locations?

Hi Ladies,

I am getting married in St. Louis in July. I am originally from the Kansas City area and STL is FI's hometown so I don't know the area very well. We are getting married at the Shrine of St. Joseph and having our reception at the Magic House. We will take pictures at the church, but I am thinking about getting photos of just the wedding party at a second location (we will have a shuttle bus for the wedding party and dates). I am planning on leaving the church at 4pm and would like to arrive at the Magic House by 5:30pm. I believe it will take about 30min travel time. So I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for an outdoor area to stop and get pictures along the way or close to one of those two sites. Is this even enough time for another picture location? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Outside Photo Locations?

• If you're going to have daylight, go to Kirkwood Park.  You're about 5 min away from the Magic House, but have a bunch of pretty gazeebos and a nice lake with some cute docks and also have your typical nature/ park look.

I'd also encourage you to leave a little bit of time to do pictures in the Magic House- there are lots of fun photo ops with the re-do.  I went for the first time with a friend whose wedding I am a bridesmaid in over the holidays and it is super adorable!
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
  • Thanks! And yes that's a great idea about leaving some time for pictures at the Magic House, I was planning on doing a few picture there already. I guess I'm just worried about the time frame and the fact that the museum doesn't close until 5:30pm. I wasn't sure if it was resonable to be trying to take pictures there when the Magic House is still open to the public. Our cocktail hour starts on the first floor of the new wing at 6pm and ideally I would like to be ready to meet guests as they enter instead of doing a receiving line at the church (we had to pick either pictures or receiving line). We will then move upstairs at 7pm for dinner and dancing. If you have any suggestions based on what your friend did on timing, how long it took for pictures etc that would be super helpful. I'm starting to get a little nervous about the quick turn around time between the Magic House closing and guests arriving, although my vendors are awesome and I trust them to make it happen.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_missouri-st-louis_outside-photo-locations?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:87Discussion:88bc4f3f-97a9-4e74-8855-da6329f7f561Post:e57d72b9-6c7a-4b5f-a708-8ed01f8c2e51">Re: Outside Photo Locations?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you have any suggestions based on what your friend did on timing, how long it took for pictures etc that would be super helpful. I'm starting to get a little nervous about the quick turn around time between the Magic House closing and guests arriving, although my vendors are awesome and I trust them to make it happen.
    Posted by Tami87[/QUOTE]

<div>I don't, her wedding is in October, and she's having an afternoon mass in Belleville then having a long break for pictures and returning to the Magic House before the guest arrive in time to have the meet and greet that you talked about.  </div><div>
    </div><div>I wouldn't worry too much about the vendors, especially if they came from the Magic House's vendor list, they know how it goes and what they need to do.  Some vendors are really great and will surprise you with how awesome they are and some are a little more challenging, but if you know what you want, and orchestrate it, you'll be okay.</div>
    White Knot
    Stand up for something you believe in. White Knot
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards