Retro and Vintage Weddings
Options

Vintage Dress = Vintage Wedding??

I am thinking about wearing my grandma's wedding dress (1960's). If I do decide to wear it, will I have to theme the wedding vintage? The wedding is for sure going to be outside. I just don't want things to clash if I wear a vintage dress. Help! Undecided

Re: Vintage Dress = Vintage Wedding??

• Options
    Just because you wear a vintage dress doesn't mean that you have to make everything 1960s-ish. You can make your wedding whatever you like! And 1950s/60s has been rather in for mod weddings lately, so you're golden no matter what you do.
    Photobucket
  • Options
    Many of the current, trendy dress styles are actually very vintage in feel. Don't feel as though you need to frame everything around your dress. Go with what you want. I am having a predominantly art deco wedding but my dress isn't really art deco. I will be using other elements to pull art deco into my look though as well as the decor and wedding party attire. Good luck!
  • Options
    I was going to wear my grandma;s dress from the 60s as well.  I decided against it but am still planning a 'casual, rustic , vintage' wedding.  i don't think you need to let your dress dictate style of your wedding.
  • Options
    romamor4 : i love yuor wedding blog!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards