Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Menu wording question

We are having a salad available with our lunch, but we don't want to have every meal come with a salad automatically because we think there are at least a handful or more of people that wouldn't want a salad and we don't want to waste a bunch of food if they don't want one and wouldn't eat it.

So....how do I word it that a salad is available with the meal if they wish to have one?

Thanks!!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Menu wording question

• edited December 2011

is the salad an extra cost?  The only thing i would be worried about is it being too confusing.  I get you don't want extra food but I think you should just have salads for everyone.  You never know someone else at the table might want one that someone doesn't want, so might not go to wast.

I see you have a week to go.  Where would you listing the option for having a salad?

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    It is an extra cost. There will be a custom menu at each setting for the guests when they arrive at the reception site, at which time they can choose what they want to eat.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Clare13Clare13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Can you ask the wait staff to ask each individual person if they want a salad with their meal?  I would suggest putting it on the menu along with all the other choices just as you normally would.  Then, if they don't want one they don't have to have one.  Hopefully your venue can accommodate this.  You can list
    Salad
    Choices

Main Entree
    Choices

Desert
    Choices

I wouldn't list anything about the salad being "extra" as this may discourage guest from ordering one to save you money.  Good luck!!!  You are so close. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards