Wedding Woes
Options

It's snowing!

What?  I don't know where the winter coats are.  I know it won't be a snow day, but it makes me think I should figure out how to see if school is closed.  6let is stoked and asking for a new sled.  The neighborhood fb is trying to push ToT to Saturday.  I am a little bummed about ToT only because it's the first time 6let has cared, but let's just do it.  ToT in Ohio means you get a costume you can put a coat over.

Re: It's snowing!

• Options
    The kiddo only put on a hoodie sweatshirt this morning, even though I told him it was very cold and windy.  So when I was heading back to the house after dropping off DefConn at the sitter's, the kiddo was shivering his ass of on the bus stop.  Silly kid.
  • Options
    They don't get much smarter.  DH wore a fleece.  It's not like he spends the day in an office either.  He hikes across campus at least twice a day.
  • Options
    I'm kinda jelousE of your snow.
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    hellish drive in today because of that snow.
    At least Buffy won't care if we only T or T at 1 house.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_its-snowing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:5b7b97a2-c1ed-4935-adf7-3ae218cc391fPost:b37e687d-9d99-41c0-831e-698c4249f75d">It's snowing!</a>:
    [QUOTE] ToT in Ohio means you get a costume you can put a coat over.
    Posted by 6fsn[/QUOTE]

<div>Same with Western PA. Kids these days are wussy.</div>
  • Options
    Yeah, I can remember complaining b/c it's rained every Halloween for five years in a row.  That's another reason why the women's costumes always made me mad...it's COLD here dammit, but some clothes on, don't catch pnemonia!

I'm bad about wearing a jacket.  I'll wear a light blazer and just suck it up.  I hate the bulky weight.

I know our school district sends out texts for weather now.  We're listed as emergency contacts for our godnephews and it always takes us a minute to figure out what the heck this text is about.  The news also always lists school closings.
  • Options
    6 - check your news stations' websites.  All of ours have a School Closings button.

We never stayed home on ToT night because it was cold.  We always made sure our costumes were big enough to go over a coat or several layers.

Our kids look like the hulk versions of whatever they are supposed to be.  In this year's case, they're hulk-zombie prisoner, hulk-Rapunzel and a hulk-witch.
  • Options
    DefConn's costume is a) really fuzzy and warm, b) comes with a headpiece, and c) is big enough to put clothes underneath.  Andplusalso, we're only taking him around the block. 

The kiddo is a ninja/ghostface thing and is wearing all black.  He has plenty of heavy, all black stuff he can wear.  And if he won't wear a coat, that's his problem.  ;)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_its-snowing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:5b7b97a2-c1ed-4935-adf7-3ae218cc391fPost:71678c17-1dce-43d7-a793-1e95691c2ae1">Re: It's snowing!</a>:
    [QUOTE]DefConn's costume is a) really fuzzy and warm, b) comes with a headpiece, and c) is big enough to put clothes underneath.  Andplusalso, we're only taking him around the block.  The kiddo is a ninja/ghostface thing and is wearing all black.  He has plenty of heavy, all black stuff he can wear.  And if he won't wear a coat, that's his problem.  ;)
    Posted by mrs.conn23[/QUOTE]

DD is Pinkalicious, so we can just throw every peice of pink clothing she has on her.   Nothing's going to stop this girl from getting some candy.  She's been practicing her "trick or treat" for weeks.
  • Options
    6let is a pirate with a felted coat and pants that fit over clothes.  M2 is a cupcake with leggings, a cupcake thingy, and a headpiece.  Clothes fit under everything for her too.

As for school, he's not really in a school system and I don't know which district they follow.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards