Retro and Vintage Weddings
Options

Vintage Cake

Hi Girls,

We go for our cake tomorrow and we have no idea what to get - design wise.
We can have up to 4 tiers and our colors are blue and white and the style is 1940 - lase - pearls. We have not cake topper yet.

What are you gals doing for yrou cake? and can ou offer any suggestions/photos?

Thanks

Rika
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image

Re: Vintage Cake

• Options
    edited October 2010
    My cake in all her glory :)

The gumpaste flower will last forever and is such a pretty keepsake from our wedding. It's displayed on my bookcases in our living room.

We made the cake style very simple. Our colors black & ivory. We made the color the "wow factor". Our guests didn't even think the cake was real because it was so pretty. I decorated the cake table with black lace covered votive holders with white candles inside. Put it on a high top table instead of a short table and belted the tablecloth with a pretty shear runner that had sort of a vintage look to it. Oh, and we found a pretty pedestal cake stand.

And here you can sort of see how the high top table stood out in the room...

Hope that helps give you some ideas at least.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    In Response to Re: Vintage Cake:
    My cake in all her glory :) The gumpaste flower will last forever and is such a pretty keepsake from our wedding. It's displayed on my bookcases in our living room. We made the cake style very simple. Our colors black & ivory. We made the color the "wow factor". Our guests didn't even think the cake was real because it was so pretty. I decorated the cake table with black lace covered votive holders with white candles inside. Put it on a high top table instead of a short table and belted the tablecloth with a pretty shear runner that had sort of a vintage look to it. Oh, and we found a pretty pedestal cake stand. And here you can sort of see how the high top table stood out in the room... Hope that helps give you some ideas at least.
    Posted by vintagefix

BEAUTIFUL CAKE!  I can't begin to tell you how much I love the look of this cake, I used your cake for inspiration! I never imagined how nice an all black cake would look, with a few details, until I saw yours. BRAVO Vintagefix!

pregnancy due date Baby Slings at Nurtured Family
  • Options
    Vintagefix- your cake was beautiful!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_retro-vintage-weddings_vintage-cake?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:667Discussion:9d095b31-62e0-4200-af82-a97bb156fd03Post:bde53460-4e24-4ba5-a9b2-efb2ced2cd6a">Re: Vintage Cake</a>:
    [QUOTE]Vintagefix- your cake was beautiful!!
    Posted by latina40299[/QUOTE]

Awww, thank you ladies! I had an exceptional cake baker. He nearly lost his head (from excitement) when I said he was free to make my cake black :) In return, I nearly lost my head when I saw the final product!!

TIP: If you have a good vendor and trust them give them some freedom with creativity. you will not be disappointed!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards