April 2013 Weddings

Stupid Envelopes

I had all of these plans.  I kinda totally hate calligraphy.  Plus, paying someone to write seems silly to me.  I intended to just run my envelopes through the printer and make them perty that way.  Somehow I didn't think about how think the paper would be after adding the liner (duh).  So, clearly my printer couldn't feed them.  Next, I decided to go for clear lables.   I, of course, bought the wrong ones and the ink wiped right off after printing.  Not wanting to spend another dime on them, I decided to just suck it up and handwrite them.   They're not the best.... but I figure everyone will toss the envelopes anyway.  BTW, anyone who decides to do their own addresses - HAVE EXTRA ENVELOPES.  ugh. done. whatever.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Green Tree Country Club

New Rochelle, NY

Re: Stupid Envelopes

• Christine9866Christine9866 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2013
    Hang in there! You will be relieved when they are out!
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Lol, yes!  I asked FMIL to order 25 extra envelopes(we could only order them in increments of 25).  Apparently she ordered 25 extra of everything but okay, whatever.

I finished my outer envelopes yesterday and I definitely only had about 8 extras when all was said and done :-P

Props to you for doing them by hand!  It's rare to see that nowadays and I'm sure every recipient that takes a close look will say, "Wow, better her than me!" at least that's what I kept telling myself over the weekend.
  • Don' t give me too much credit on doing them by hand... I didn't want to.  I think they look silly.. oh well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Green Tree Country Club

New Rochelle, NY

• Aw, good for you for getting them done! What a pain! No one will think they look silly.
  • I feel your pain!  I spent most of one night cursing my printer when I decided to print my own RSVP envelopes.  Thank goodness we're having a small wedding and I only had to do 40, but I ended up using almost 60 envelopes because my printer was being a *bleep.*  lol

You're right - nobody is going to care about the envelopes and they'll be in the trash before you can blink your eye.  *HUGS*  At least that part is over and you can move on to other things that will go your way.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    58 invited image | 17 love destination weddings image
    20 can't make it image | 21 don't know what to do with a RSVP card image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8th
  • Yeah, addresseing envelopes sucks!  I bought return address labels to put on the outside and just hand wrote the person's name and address.  I also put an envelope seal on the back that say's Amber and Scott's Wedding!  April 18th 2013.  So I figured that even if the addresses looked crappy (although my handwriting is pretty good) people would see past that and think it still looked cute.  The invitations are super cute as well, so I am not too worried.  It saved money!  Envelopes go in the trash.  Not a big deal!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    110 Invited! image | 65 Have their dancing shoes ready! image | 35 Don't wanna dance. image | 10 Must still be looking for their dancing shoes! image
    RSVP Deadline: February 28th
  • Thank god my mother has beautiful handwriting and will address my envelopes for me!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards