New York-Upstate

Albany to Adirondaks Reception Ideas

I'm looking for location ideas in upstate NY.  The majority of the guests are from the Albany/Saratoga area and we're looking to have the wedding somewhere in this area.  A little more untraditional, outside and scenic.  Any ideas?

Re: Albany to Adirondaks Reception Ideas

• mozzorellimozzorelli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning my wedding right now...we're having our reception at The Elms Waterfront Cottages (www.elmscottages.com).  The owner is great-- very helpful and accommodating.  The guests are staying in the cabins/cottages and the reception is being held under a tent right on the lawn there.  It's beautiful! I can let you know how it goes after July!  I hope this helps.
  • edited December 2011
    I had my wedding at the Altamont Manor. Its beautiful, beautiful gardens and not traditional!
  • dray10486dray10486 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having mine at the Mohawk River Country Club and Chateu.  It's so beautiful, the owner is super nice, and they have a ton of food! I'm getting married in August 2010, but I would already recommend this venue to anyone!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    if you really want to do "adirondacks" and go with a weekend getaway style, i highly recommend lake placid. we are doing our october wedding at the lake placid club (affiliated with the crowne plaza) and its a great mix of simple and rustic, with all the modern touches. 

its probably too far "up there" for a day trip from albany..... but if you want more info let me know. 
    http://www.mywedding.com/lynnieandandy
    october '10 siggy: Early Pic of me and FI (not the first.....)
    imageVisit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We just booked The Mansion Inn in Saratoga (Rock City Falls).
    Unique, affordable, and super flexible.  Many options for the setting of your ceremony and/or reception, including a couple acres of lawn, a deck (that you can put a tent over), a carriage house barn, and the inside of the mansion (for smaller to moderate sized events).  In-house catering.   One wedding per weekend.
    The only catch is that you have to reserve all (9 or 10) rooms of the inn, which could be no problem if you have any out of town guests or local guests that don't want to drive home after drinking all night, although the cost of the rooms plus facility fee is still less or on par with most of the wedding factories in this area.
  • MissyCeeMissyCee member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just booked my reception at The Great Escape Lodge in Lake George and I would highly recommend it. It has a big, beautiful adirondack theme from everything down to the decor in the rooms. The have a beautiful outdoor area where you can hold the ceremony and then a gorgous ballroom for the reception. Their packages are very well priced as well, and I have heard the best things about their food. The sales guy there, Steve, was very helpful and friendly and he was not pushy in the least, which made us very comfortable with him. Also, you can have a block of rooms held for friends and family who want to stay the night, and admission to their indoor water park is included. (Trust me, if you haven't seen this waterpark, check it out, it's super cool, kids will LOVE it!) Let me know if you'd like the contact information for Steve there, I'll be happy to pass it along!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards