Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions
Options

WEBCAM WEDDING?

I am thinking of setting up a webcam for my wedding ceremony for my family/friends who will not be able to attend.  I would like to have this available for them since I am not sure how many will be able to make it physically.

FI and I live in the South, on the Eastern seaboard, and all of my family/friends are in the Pacific NW area. 

Has anyone thought about doing this, or have done it, or have been to a wedding that did this?  Any and all suggestions/thoughts are welcome!

Anniversary

Re: WEBCAM WEDDING?

• Options
    We did it using Ustream, but it was kind of a fail because 1) the camera wasn't pointed in the right direction, so it was framed strangely, and 2) I forgot to make sure the correct audio source was set, so you couldn't hear a damn thing.  If you're going to do it, I would make sure to do a rehearsal with all A/V elements in play (I know of one girl who got awful feedback on her webcast because they hadn't practiced with all the microphones on) and make sure that the person who's going to be running it at the wedding knows what they're doing.
    This is a neglected planning bio.
    This is a belated married bio, with no reviews yet because I'm lazy.

Sometimes I feel like people think that brides are delicate little flower princesses who get all dressed up and pretty for one special moment of their dreams, when really they're just normal people who just happen to be getting married. Things shouldn't have to be sugar-coated for grown-ass women. -mstar284
  • Options
    oh sweetie, there are actual companies out there that videotape your wedding and broadcast it online for people to see so it is done professionally. my fiance and i are going to do this since some of our family members are in nursing homes and too ill to attend.

one of the companies that does this is idostream.com. for additional options, just google "live webcast weddings."

good luck!
    tiffany
    "The moon shines so brightly...but just not as bright as my heart does when I think about how much I love you," said by my honey, James.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards