Moms and Maids

Re: Mother/Son dance

• Your fi is going to be aware of his loss, whether or not you find something for him to do in lieu of the mother/son dance.

If he has a good relationship with your mom, he and she could join you and your dad on the dance floor, about half way through the dance. You could suggest it to him and then let him decide if he wants to do it.

• I agree with Maire. I think that dancing with your mom would be really sweet, like a symbol of him entering the family.
    Photobucket
  • If there is an aunt or grandmother that he is close with, he could always dance with her.  But I would ask your FI what he prefers.  You may just find that he is happy to watch you & your dad dance and then go sit down for dinner.
  • Talk with your FI and see what he would like to do.  Most time's a close female relative fills in but ONLY if your FI and that relative are very close. 

If he isn't super close to any female relative, then I suggest you forgo the dance all together.

Like PP said, he will be more then aware of the loss whether or not you get a stand in for the dance.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards