Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

Honeymoon packing

SInce this board is crazy slow today:

I'm started to pack for my honeymoon to Australia and New Zealand.  We'll be gone for 2.5 weeks, but we'll be doing our laundry twice while we are there.  So...it just occured to me that on my honeymoon I might want to pack, you know, some lingerie (how did the sliip my mind?).  Thus far, I've been super good about packing very light and everything is rather functional.  Granted this stuff isn't usually too heavy or space-consuming.  :)

My question is, how much room would you devote to your suitcase for sleepwear?

Re: Honeymoon packing

• drdifabiodrdifabio member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I am crazy so I am not sure you want to listen to me :) but I am actually aiming for one outfit per night - so 8 total. Overkill - yes. But we like that kinda stuff so it will be fun for us!
  • maybe984maybe984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, since most sleepwear is fairly small and light... I would pack everything else and then see how many pieces of lingerie you can stuff between other things. I know you're super detail-oriented, so you may not like the idea of shoving things into your luggage willy-nilly... but in my mind, it's better than spending time thinking and rethinking what you're going to pack only to find out that you either can't fit it all or have way more space than you need.

• tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Either what Maybe said, or set aside all the lingerie that you think you might want to wear and pack around that.
  • hkieslinghkiesling member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Danielle - One for each day?  17 outfits might require it's own suitcase!  Plus, we're travelling internationally, and it would be a bit awkward if some security guard at the airport started pulling all of them out.  Okay, I'm a bit paranoid at that.  Not that anything is too risque.... I just have this vision of one of those clowns with the never-ending handkerchiefs.  :)

Maybe - You know me so well!  That might be what I have to do.  It's not like that stuff really wrinkles. 

How is it that I completely forgot about this?
  • kristigileskristigiles member
    edited December 2011
    I brought 4!
    August 14, 2010 image*PLANNING* *MARRIED*
  • edited December 2011
    We were on our honeymoon for 6 or 7 nights, and I brought 4 sexy sleep-things, all of which were gifts that Steve hadn't seen.

I would say pack a couple, and once you've worn each of them you can ask the hubby which is his favorite.  ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • drdifabiodrdifabio member
    edited December 2011
    Ha yeah Heather - with 17 nights I would rethink bringing one a night too. For me it was only 8 which i dont think is too bad but 17 could not only take up a ton of room but would get expensive to collect.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards