Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Transportation?

Is anyone NOT using a limo for their wedding day?  I know I've got to get my wedding party from where we are getting ready to the ceremony/reception site...but I'm having a hard time justifying the hundreds of dollars it would cost to do that.  I also know I need something for my soon to be husband and I to go from the reception to the hotel.  Has anyone thought about renting a fancy car? Any other suggestions?

Re: Transportation?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    we're not, but we're getting ready at the same place as the ceremony/reception.
  • Options
    CincyBride29CincyBride29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am having this problem too.  We are having the ceremony and reception in the same location, but I have yet to figure out how to get everyone from where we are getting ready to the venue.  I am struggling with spendning $$$ on this too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    220 Invited image 163 Attending image 57 Declined image 0 Not Replied image
    RSVP Date: June 18th
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't think a limo was needed, but my FI was set on it so we got one. But if I had my way I would have rented a 12 passenger van from a car rental agency or I've heard that some car dealerships will rent these out. I think I've heard as low as $85/day.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're not renting a limo. BUT my aunt and uncle have a huge RV that they are going to pick us all up in and drive us to the church (whoo hoo for not having to sit down and wrinkle my dress!). We are going to make sure that everyone has a car at the church that needs one, but most will have the significant others there with the vehicle. And we are taking a car up earlier for us to drive to the hotel.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    THe cheapest price that I got for a limo was $790 for 5 hrs. We are staying downtown, and having pics downtown, and our venue is 8 min. away. So- were going to just taxi bus it. Way cheaper than another other alternative.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards