African American Weddings

Quick Vent

Hello Gals,

I am just frustrated with my sister & MOH. I call her to tell her about a pickle I am in and she makes these little comments about how her wedding was so great and how I need to do this or do that.... It all comes off insulting, and then when I say something about it, she denies ever having said it and then makes me feel like I'm being "sensitive"..... ITS SO FRUSTRATING!!! 

Ok, vent done... I just wanted to complain to other women going through the same stressors I am going through because I feel like you may understand how these little comments are somehow meaning the world to me at the moment.
Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio

Re: Quick Vent

• TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try not to let it get the best of you. What I have realized is that people will try to give you their input and try to make everything like theirs so they can relive their day...

IT IS YOUR DAY so I would just try to brush it off and not let it bother you too much...

You can try to tell her again but if that doesnt work, just let it go in one ear and out the other!
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

OMG!  How annoying!  I've not had this happen to me in terms of the wedding, but I have had people do this to me on other topics and you are right it is so frustrating!  It's like you called to get advice and guidance, not to be insulted.  I agree with Ty'swife2b, try not to let it get the best of you, although I know it's hard not to.  Just try to surround yourself with people that are supportive and encouraging.  I'm sure that deep down your sister means well, but Ty's right, there may be a lil' tiny piece of her trying to relive her day.  Just take what you can use from the advice she offers and throw the rest away, I guess.Smile

• amberlynnedamberlynned member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies... Imma try & keep my head up! :)
    Creating Our Happily Ever After Countdown Ticker

Our Married Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards