Wedding Etiquette Forum

Hey all - it's night now.

Re: Hey all - it's night now.

• And really, I usually try to make my posts more about funny thing than anything else. One of my recent favorites I've posted:

[QUOTE]
    <em><span style="color:#333333;font-family:'lucida grande',tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif;font-size:12.7273px;font-style:normal;font-variant:normal;font-weight:normal;letter-spacing:normal;line-height:17.2727px;orphans:2;text-align:left;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;widows:2;word-spacing:0px;background-color:#ffffff;display:inline ! important;">From the Life Alert commercial:</span>

<span style="color:#333333;font-family:'lucida grande',tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif;font-size:12.7273px;font-style:normal;font-variant:normal;font-weight:normal;letter-spacing:normal;line-height:17.2727px;orphans:2;text-align:left;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;widows:2;word-spacing:0px;background-color:#ffffff;display:inline ! important;">"I would never give up Life Alert. I will cut down on bread, beer, wine or soda, but I won't give up Life Alert."</span>

<span style="color:#333333;font-family:'lucida grande',tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif;font-size:12.7273px;font-style:normal;font-variant:normal;font-weight:normal;letter-spacing:normal;line-height:17.2727px;orphans:2;text-align:left;text-indent:0px;text-transform:none;white-space:normal;widows:2;word-spacing:0px;background-color:#ffffff;display:inline ! important;">Lady, bread is like, $1. You're not going to save that much there.</span></em>[/QUOTE]

I was going to put that in italics, but it wouldn't let me, hence the quotes.
  • Yeah, I will never claim to be interesting lol.
  • I wish I was interesting enough to start a blog, but I'm definitely not. I mean, I could start one, but no one would read it. I used to be funnier, back in high school and the beginning of college. I don't really know what happened.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-all-its-night-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e17915d-b2b0-484b-9048-3f162919753cPost:8c8f31e3-e6af-4723-9531-5e3a5720b3e4">Re: Hey all - it's night now.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Hey all - it's night now. : I've made it a point NOT to be that person. I try not to talk about any specific thing too much, and I usually don't post more than 3-5 times a week. Nobody wants to hear me talk that much about myself.
    Posted by JessAndTrav[/QUOTE]

<div>I too have made it a point not to be that person.  I made a point not to post much about the wedding either.</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-all-its-night-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e17915d-b2b0-484b-9048-3f162919753cPost:8585a6cc-a37e-460d-8c79-7d73ee40c452">Re: Hey all - it's night now.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I guess my concern is that I don't want to be "that" person that everyone else bitches about.  Like my friend that posts all day every day about conversations with her toddler.  Dude, I dont' care what "cute" thing your toddler said.
    Posted by Holly4212011[/QUOTE]

<div>You should suggest she write a blog. Then the people that care can go look at it. </div><div>
    </div><div>I think the most interesting things on my FB are things that other people make interesting. Like, I shared a pic of a cute puppy and some knottie friends made Steffi references. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-all-its-night-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e17915d-b2b0-484b-9048-3f162919753cPost:3c53a1b0-e12c-408a-8952-3dd2ba030de3">Re: Hey all - it's night now.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I will never claim to be interesting lol.
    Posted by pokepoke27[/QUOTE]

This for sure!

My last few posts have been unexciting.

"I hate the itchy part of a healing sunburn"

"Palm Beach today wtih H and my nephew!"

"I had a dream that my Grandmom and I were able to share our excitement over the baby. It felt so real, and although it was just a dream, it reminded me that she is always with me. I miss her."
  • To those worrying about being THAT person, if you aren't posting daily about laundry, I think you've successfully avoided being THAT person.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-all-its-night-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e17915d-b2b0-484b-9048-3f162919753cPost:4c2a632a-806d-4da6-9b85-137a04d895b7">Re:Hey all it's night now.</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish I was interesting enough to start a blog, but I'm definitely not. I mean, I could start one, but no one would read it. I used to be funnier, back in high school and the beginning of college. I don't really know what happened.
    Posted by angelstar975[/QUOTE]

<div>Eh, I don't expect anyone to read my blog. I keep it up because I like it. </div>
  • I'm a horrible blogger, but once in a while I actually get around to writing about something.  It's pretty random though.
  • FI is tossing and turning up a storm and even though he's in the other twin bed, the sound of him rubbing against the sheet is ridiculously annoying. I'm considering going to sleep in another bedroom.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • I actually updated twice today - but that is very rare. My first post was biiiitching about my phone pretty much dieing on me. The second was asking for reviews of a local place. 

Lets see, before today the last time I updated my status was Friday. Then before that was Wednesday. Huh, I thought I posted more than that. 

It's kind of fun looking at my own timeline. I usually never do.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-all-its-night-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e17915d-b2b0-484b-9048-3f162919753cPost:2d49fe30-e20b-4acf-a173-e4d2a443f612">Re:Hey all it's night now.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re:Hey all it's night now. : Eh, I don't expect anyone to read my blog. I keep it up because I like it. 

That how I feel about my blog. These days, it's about 99% baby-related stuff, but that's how I make up for people that are curious about baby-related info. I link it on my FB when I post, that way people can choose to read it or not, versus it being plastered on someone's newsfeed.
  • Yeah, before the wedding I posted pretty regularly on my blog. Then didn't start up again for a while after he left. Now it's pretty much just recipes - and a post about saying goodbye to my dogs. 
  • I've had "write a blog post" on my to-do list for over a week now.  I'm a bad procrastinator :).
  • That's funny Loopy. I don't mind being lazy about it. There just isn't enough going on for it. Once I end up doing more stuff I'll actually have stuff to write about. 
  • Yeah, that's part of it.  I spent the first 6-8 weeks in Denver  working and sleeping pretty much to the exclusion of anything else.  Now I'm starting to get out and about a bit more, but I get tired easily so I still do a lot of chilling on the couch, which isn't that much fun to blog or read about LOL.
  • Y'all motivated me to update my blog, since I usually do so on Sunday.

Way to motivate me, ladies!
  • Jess - should I dig out that gold star for you?
  • YAY!  Glad we could inspire something LOL.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-all-its-night-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e17915d-b2b0-484b-9048-3f162919753cPost:2f0135c6-ebc4-4a1d-8cd8-cb912185c700">Re: Hey all - it's night now.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jess - should I dig out that gold star for you?

No, actually you and Loopy should get the gold stars since you're the ones that motivated me!

Now, if gold-stars award people that took a 4 hour nap today, then by all means, dig it out. ;)

That's the only thing I'm good at these days---napping.
  • All right, I'm yawning here so I'm going to sign off and head for sleepy town.  G'night all!
  • Night Loopy. 

I still need to bring the trash out. Ugh. I sooo don't wanna.
  • Jess - I did 30 minutes on the treadmill (1.6 miles) and didn't take a nap today.  I don't even know how my eyes are still open right now.  My naps are usually about 2.5 hours.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-all-its-night-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e17915d-b2b0-484b-9048-3f162919753cPost:7438328d-3eba-4e77-acb5-eaa4bb4456e4">Re: Hey all - it's night now.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Jess - I did 30 minutes on the treadmill (1.6 miles) and didn't take a nap today.  I don't even know how my eyes are still open right now.  My naps are usually about 2.5 hours.
    Posted by Loopyseven[/QUOTE]

Um, bravo to you. There's no way I could to 1.6 miles. I would probably fall over in exhaustion and breathlessness after like, .01 miles.

goodnight!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_hey-all-its-night-now?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:7e17915d-b2b0-484b-9048-3f162919753cPost:096fbd94-2243-449a-b04a-1ce34a6592c7">Re: Hey all - it's night now.</a>:
    [QUOTE]Night Loopy.  I still need to bring the trash out. Ugh. I sooo don't wanna.

Our trash is full and H isn't home tonight. He's always on trash duty. I wish I wouldn't have been half-asleep when he left. I would have made him take it out.
  • Jess, Ugh. I hate that. Glad you saifd that, because I just reminded FI to go deal with the recyclables.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah, this is one time it would be nice to not be alone in the house. Oh well, still worth it.

I'm laughing my ass off over here at this Friends episode. I love this show.
  • edited July 2012
    I just recently started watching friends. I never watched it when it was actually on, but now I love it.
  • Hey, Poke, Sara.
    Poke, are the kitties still behaving?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards