Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

Ooodsie

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog, that is terrible that the man would do such a thing.
I was actually wondering about the tax credit.  Since we should get it for this year's taxes. How difficult is it?  Why are they giving you such a hard time.  When we finalized everything with our mortgage, no one seemed to know much about the tax credit, but that we should get it.  I haven't looked into it much, but now I'm worried that it's going to be a difficult process.

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker

Re: Ooodsie

• Options
    edited December 2011
    They are over analyzing people who send in the credit because in the past there was SO much fraud (people were seriously claiming the credit for their 8 year old kids..)   Our issue was more complicated - because I had owned rental property prior, but rental property does not count as a primary residence, and I had never actually owned my own primary residence prior, so I should qualify - but they kicked it back out because of the rental property (they think I lived there I guess), so now I have to fight it and show proof I never lived there.  

You on the other hand should be fine.  All you have to do is make sure you fill out the proper tax form claiming the credit (if you use turbo tax or something like that it will pop up and ask you about it) and also, this is BIG - make sure you attach a copy of the HUD1 (the first page only is needed) that shows the home purchase, the signatures of all parties, and the date.   
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh also, if you are claiming the tax credit, you can't efile, you have to do a paper submission.  You can still use turbo tax, but just print it out and mail it in.  and again, DONT FORGET YOUR HUD1!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, I usually e-file so I'm glad you mentioned that.

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards