what's for lunch today

its 1030 and im starving.
im also thinking about dinner too. 

So, lets have some food fun

1.  Favorite fast food lunch spot. 
2.  Favorite Thanksgiving dessert.
3.  Favorite Ethnic cuisine
4.  Favorite Pizza topping combo
5.  Do you dip your french fries in anything?  What?
6.  Favorite Ice Cream Brand

Re: what's for lunch today

• 1. Favorite fast food lunch spot.   Chipotle or Panera Bread.
    2. Favorite Thanksgiving dessert.  Pecan Pie
    3. Favorite Ethnic cuisine  Indian or Thai, i cant decide.
    4. Favorite Pizza topping combo Pepperoni, Spinach and Mushroom
    5. Do you dip your french fries in anything? What? BBQ sauce
    6. Favorite Ice Cream Brand Hood
  • I'll play!  I'm STARVING!

Chipoltle, if that counts as fast food.
    I've only ever had pie for Thanksgiving dessert, and I'm not actually a big pie fan.  I do like pecan pie, though. 
    That's hard for me, but probably Indian or Thai.  I LOVE spicy food.  Or Mexican food.  I could live off Chipoltle and Uncle Julios.
    Green peppers and onions. 
    Honey mustard or sweet BBQ.  Or ranch for cheese fries!
    Ben & Jerry's.  They have this blueberry cheesecake flavor that is AMAZING.  I can hardly ever find it, so when I do, it's a big treat!

• Ok Calypso, we are food twins...

• This is making me hungry already, I'll have to go make a Pop Tart after I post... :)

Drunken Noodle (a local place similar to Noodles & Co.)

Pumpkin Pie or cheesecake.

Probably Thai

Pepperoni/sausage/green pepper/onion or taco pizza if we're ordering from a more "regular" pizza place.  There's a place near us that does all kinds of specialty pizzas, and their BBQ pulled pork pizza is FABULOUS

Yes - ketchup always, sometimes ranch if I also ordered boneless wings or something else that I need ranch for.

The ice cream shop right around the corner from our place sells local Cass-Clay ice cream, they always have great flavors.
  • im intrigued by this Drunken Noodle place.  we dont have that or Noodles & Co here.  i think i am missing out on something big.

Resa, we def are - i LOVE the bluberry cheesecake B&J's too!  it is near imposssible to find, even when im in VT. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_whats-for-lunch-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:005f115e-fe00-40f5-b7f7-aed44c26f182Post:7cb69c28-9390-4b39-9cd8-1388ffd51995">Re: what's for lunch today</a>:
    [QUOTE]im intrigued by this Drunken Noodle place.  we dont have that or Noodles & Co here.  i think i am missing out on something big. Resa, we def are - i LOVE the bluberry cheesecake B&J's too!  it is near imposssible to find, even when im in VT. 
    Posted by Calypso1977[/QUOTE]

Here's the Drunken Noodle website if you want to check it out: <a href="http://www.drunkennoodle.com/" rel="nofollow">http://www.drunkennoodle.com/</a>

IMO, it's better than Noodles & Co., but I"m probably biased because I go to Drunken Noodle a lot since it's right in my neighborhood
  • I like Noodles & Co a lot, but it doesn't fill me up enough! 

One place I don't get is Pei Wei...I just don't think it's very good, and it's too pricey for me to justify mediocre taste and poor nutrition, you know? But it seems I am the only one with that opinion!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_whats-for-lunch-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:005f115e-fe00-40f5-b7f7-aed44c26f182Post:7cb4361d-ec2e-43b2-a919-d0eb810b0d1f">Re: what's for lunch today</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'll play!  I'm STARVING! 1.  Favorite fast food lunch spot.  Chipoltle, if that counts as fast food. 2.  Favorite Thanksgiving dessert. I've only ever had pie for Thanksgiving dessert, and I'm not actually a big pie fan.  I do like pecan pie, though.  3.  Favorite Ethnic cuisine That's hard for me, but probably Indian or Thai.  I LOVE spicy food.  Or Mexican food.  I<strong> could live off Chipoltle</strong> and Uncle Julios. 4.  Favorite Pizza topping combo Green peppers and onions.  5.  Do you dip your french fries in anything?  What? Honey mustard or sweet BBQ.  Or ranch for cheese fries! 6.  Favorite Ice Cream Brand Ben & Jerry's.  They have this blueberry cheesecake flavor that is AMAZING.  I can hardly ever find it, so when I do, it's a big treat!
    Posted by Resa77[/QUOTE]

I just had to laugh, Chipoltle isn't Mexican food. The funny part is that you aren't the first person I have heard from DC that calls it Mexican. Lol
    Photobucket
  • I'm eating now for lunch some blah leftovers that I made for dinnner that DH won't eat cuz he is more picky than I am. This talk of food is definitely making me want something else, haha!

Taco Bell
    pumpkin pie? what else is there? 
    Indian! Love it!
    Sausage on regular pizza, but I also LOVE more "gourmet" kinds of pizza, like with spinach, and unique cheese, and green tomatoes, etc.
    nope
    don't care, they're all the same to me.
    Anniversary
  • 1. Favorite fast food lunch spot. Arby's
    2. Favorite Thanksgiving dessert. Pecan Pie... but who am I kidding, I always just eata leftover sandwhich...
    3. Favorite Ethnic cuisine Mexican
    4. Favorite Pizza topping combo Pepperoni
    5. Do you dip your french fries in anything? What? No. SOmetimes Ranch but most of the time nothing.
    6. Favorite Ice Cream Brand Braums.
    Photobucket
  • Resa - what's Pei Wei?  Never heard of that one, although I"m guessing it's some type of Asian place?
  • wait, Chipotle isnt Mexican?  what is it then?  burrito wraps, cilantro, salsa.... am i missing something?

• Chioptle is short for it's full name, "Chipotle Mexican Grill," serves burritos and tacos, and yeah....it's Mexican.  It's certainly not authentic Mexican like you'd get if you went to someone's house for dinner in Mexico, but hey, we call Olive Garden Italian food, right?

• 1.  Favorite fast food lunch spot.  Chipotle -- looove, and now you all have me craving a burrito.
    2.  Favorite Thanksgiving dessert. I'm actually allergic to eggs, so Thanksgiving desserts are mostly a no-go; maybe apple pie if it's available and I trust the source
    3.  Favorite Ethnic cuisine Mexican
    4.  Favorite Pizza topping combo Spinach and onion
    5.  Do you dip your french fries in anything?  What? Ketchup -- I love the stuff!
    6.  Favorite Ice Cream Brand Bryers -- I can't eat a lot of fun brands, like Ben & Jerry's because of the egg thing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Also, I agree with Resa on Chipotle being Mexican -- certainly not TexMex or Sonoran style, but still Mexican.

Pei Wei is basically fast-casual PF Changs. I can personally live without either, but I know some people who love it!
  • Biblio, that must be a pain to have an egg allergy :/  But now you have me wanting some spinach and onion pizza!!  That sounds delicious!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_whats-for-lunch-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:005f115e-fe00-40f5-b7f7-aed44c26f182Post:d7099143-75c7-4297-a8c5-507b179a1f1c">Re: what's for lunch today</a>:
    [QUOTE]Resa - what's Pei Wei?  Never heard of that one, although I"m guessing it's some type of Asian place?
    Posted by erin5286[/QUOTE]

Pei Wei is Asian, you're right :)  It's the fast-food version of PF Changs, if you've ever heard of it.  I love PF Changs, but I think Pei Wei doesnt' taste nearly as good, even when it's the same menu item. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_whats-for-lunch-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:005f115e-fe00-40f5-b7f7-aed44c26f182Post:6a727366-2206-4179-9ae1-c7352f739c6f">Re: what's for lunch today</a>:
    [QUOTE]Biblio, that must be a pain to have an egg allergy :/  But now you have me wanting some spinach and onion pizza!!  That sounds delicious!
    Posted by Resa77[/QUOTE]

For me, the allergy is no big deal, because I'm so used to it.

I could totally go for some spinach & onion pizza myself! Yum! I also like Italian sausage on there sometimes, and garlic if it is done right.
  • I see - I've heard of PF Chang's, never eaten there though.  I don't think there's one anywhere close by.

All this talk of delicious food has made me hungry, even after eating!  I just had a ham and cheese sandwich and some carrots, and brought yogurt for an afternoon snack.  Boring.  Now I want some Chipotle!
  • 1.       Favorite fast food lunch spot. 

Chipotle or Panera

I really love pumpkin, pecan & apple pie equally…it’s always a hard choice for me lol

Also Indian or Thai

I like veggie but not the standard that comes from pizza hut/domino’s/etc because I hate mushrooms and olives. When I make homemade pizza I do caramelized onions, spinach, sundried tomatoes or red peppers and feta.

Just ketchup

Publix brand…which btw also has a blueberry cheesecake flavor that is probably the same price for a half gallon as B&J 16 oz or whatever size those are lol. Of course Publix is pretty regional. For plain vanilla Breyer’s is best.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Caitriona, I wish I had a Publix, then!  Just for the icecream lol.  Also, your veggie pizza sounds AMAZING!

• 1. Favorite fast food lunch spot. 
    Probably Whataburger or Chick-Fil-A.
    2. Favorite Thanksgiving dessert.
    Apple Pie. Omnomnom.
    3. Favorite Ethnic cuisine
    Thai, or Lebanese.  And yeah, I don't consider Chipotle "Mexican" either, but I came from Texas.  :p
    4. Favorite Pizza topping combo
    Pepperoni.
    5. Do you dip your french fries in anything? What?
    I actually really dislike almost all condiments, so no.
    6. Favorite Ice Cream Brand
    Blue Bell or Braum's.  There was a Blue Bell creamery close to my elementary school growing up, so we got to take field trips there.  =)
    Anniversary

• Every time I read the word "Publix" I pronounce it in my head like "Pooooblix" (cuz that's how I thought it was pronounced when I first saw it while visiting Miami,) and that sounds to me just like another nasty word, so I am SO glad I don't live near a Publix... I would really have to get over this, haha!
    Anniversary
  • 1. Favorite fast food lunch spot.
    Probably Whataburger or Chick-Fil-A.

dont let the ladies on E know this!  you'll be told what a horrible homophobe you are!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_whats-for-lunch-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:005f115e-fe00-40f5-b7f7-aed44c26f182Post:85cfa10e-d768-460b-9adc-39d7bb384287">Re: what's for lunch today</a>:
    [QUOTE]1. Favorite fast food lunch spot. Probably Whataburger or Chick-Fil-A. dont let the ladies on E know this!  you'll be told what a horrible homophobe you are!

<div>I know, right?  I thought that as soon as I wrote it.  Then I thought how delicious they are.</div>
    Anniversary

•  1.  Favorite fast food lunch spot:  Panera or the 2nd Avenue Deli

2.  Favorite Thanksgiving dessert:  Pecan Pie (although it's usually the next day because I'm so full from dinnner)

3.  Favorite Ethnic cuisine:  French

4.  Favorite Pizza topping combo:  I don't like pizza

5.  Do you dip your french fries in anything? Salt & mayo

6.  Favorite Ice Cream Brand:  Ben & Jerry's or Breyers.  I remember Hoodsies growing up in Massachusetts though
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_whats-for-lunch-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:615Discussion:005f115e-fe00-40f5-b7f7-aed44c26f182Post:6f400ffa-8dc3-43b7-b464-1c193f8009ff">Re: what's for lunch today</a>:
    [QUOTE]Every time I read the word "Publix" I pronounce it in my head like "Pooooblix" (cuz that's how I thought it was pronounced when I first saw it while visiting Miami,) and that sounds to me just like another nasty word, so I am SO glad I don't live near a Publix... I would really have to get over this, haha!
    Posted by lalaith50[/QUOTE]

Alternate pronunciations abound, with varying degrees of grossness. I'll just leave it at that. It is seriously an awesome grocery store though...part of what finally sold me on Florida.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I remember Hoodsies growing up in Massachusetts though

yes!  with the little wooden "spoons" that came with them!
  • 1.  Favorite fast food lunch spot.  I would say Chipotle
    2.  Favorite Thanksgiving dessert. Pecan Pie warm with ice cream
    3.  Favorite Ethnic cuisine A toss up between Mexican or Chinese.
    4.  Favorite Pizza topping combo Sausage, green peppers and onions.
    5.  Do you dip your french fries in anything?  What? It used to be mayo but lately I like gravy.  Maybe it's been all the trips to Quebec eating poutine.
    6.  Favorite Ice Cream Brand  I <3 ice cream. I don't really discriminate but I did just discover Trader Joe's Mint Chocolate Chip.
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_catholic-weddings_whats-for-lunch-today?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:615Discussion:005f115e-fe00-40f5-b7f7-aed44c26f182Post:d8164181-8fa5-4cf8-8ca4-8f1f16691a3a">Re: what's for lunch today</a>:
    [QUOTE]I remember Hoodsies growing up in Massachusetts though yes!  with the little wooden "spoons" that came with them!

OMG!  I am originally from the Boston area (moved to Maine when I started high school and NY a year after FI and I started dating) and I used to eat Hoodsies too!  Now I want one.
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards