Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth
Options

Weekend AW's

It seems like the B&M thread is pretty active today, so we may all need some cheering up... any AW's from this weekend?
Our last sunset in Hawaii...
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Michelle & Michael
Married - August '10
TTC - Since September 2011

Re: Weekend AW's

• Options
    msealemseale member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I went to the Dave MAthews concert and had a blast!  I haven't seen him live in about 10 years, and it is still a great act!

Aggies won - WHOOP!
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
  • Options
    bsn1752bsn1752 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked Marty Leonard Chapel!!!

:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We got our wedding video back and it was AMAZING! :)

And it was DH's Bday, so we invited our entire family over for dinner and surprised them with the video after dinner.  It was great.

ETA: We told them we had a surprise for them, and they all of starting thinking it was a baby announcement, and we are like hold your horses people, we have only been married about a month! hahaha..
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

hmmm...I went shopping, probably spent too much money.

I went to Aaron Brothers yesterday and bought a ton of picture frames, collage and a few 11x14 and printed off a ton of pro wedding photos since we got our CD back. Made DH hang them all yesterday :) He hated me after that. heheh. But, our dining room looks fabulous, and I couldn't be more in love with the pictures!

• Options
    seujoanneseujoanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Had a surprise shower here at work.  Kitchen-themed.  Got lots of gadgets and $325 in Visa gift cards.  Yay!

Saw Tim McGraw at Cowboys Stadium on Friday.  Yay!

Went to the Aggie game - and they won.  Yay!

Got some DIY projects done.  Yay!
  • Options
    1fwdarlin1fwdarlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Well I stayed up way too late (past 2 am) to be at work this morning but how often do you get to go to a Glee themed, karaoke birthday party and watch your FH and a GM sing Backstreet Boys "Show Me The Meaning" (something the birthday girl picked). Too funny. :)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My FI and I took private dance lessons last friday and again tonight. we haven't told ANYONE, so it will be a big surprise at our reception!!!

I had a hour long massage on saturday and booked the lady to come to my house this saturday before i start to get dressed for the wedding for another hour massage!!!

I finished ALL my wedding things - except the letter i'm writing to my FI (we are exchanging letters instead of gifts)

I excited about this weekend, but the week will FLY by i'm sure!!! i took off work thursday and friday, family will get here thursday night.

as far as my b&m's... i'll post on the other thread!!!
  • Options
    1fwdarlin1fwdarlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_weekend-aws?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:2b84742e-4760-488c-88f4-ac1894fd61d4Post:16da7cf7-6073-45f0-b5f8-a9864e26c9bf">Re: Weekend AW's</a>:
    [QUOTE]Had a surprise shower here at work.  Kitchen-themed.  Got lots of gadgets and $325 in Visa gift cards.  Yay! Saw Tim McGraw at Cowboys Stadium on Friday. 
    Posted by seujoanne[/QUOTE]

I'm so jealous... love Tim McGraw! I'll bet that was fun.

Awesome that you had a surprise shower!
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went to lunch with FI's family on Saturday, and when we were outside the restaurant our niece (who is 19 months) held my hand, and then FI held her other hand as we walked in. I about died on the spot, my heart was melting!

And, I *just* got a call about an interview this week! Since I've been job searching for so long, I don't usually talk about interviews anymore, but it's been almost 9 weeks since my last one!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    DMB: Swoon.  I would have loved to see them.

I think we are going to Grapefest this weekend.

• Options
    juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have never been to Grapefest and I've worked in Grapevine since 1998. 

I have some amazing friends and coworkers.  At the middle school that I actually travel to, I was given giftcards to several different restaurants and one to the movie theaters.  I gave the two to Boston Market to my brother and kept the others.  Then today, I got flowers from two very good friends here at the HS along with a gift card to La Madeline's.  This is in addtion to the flowers and plants from friends and colleagues too last week.  Really, we have been very blessed by our friends and family.  AND, my dad's middle brother (with whom we don't have a lot of contact) came to my mom's funeral and was apparently very torn up about it.  I didn't see it myself because I sat with my dad and brother and Bill and we sat in front of him but several of my friends were telling me about it.  I'm hoping that he'll try to stay in touch this time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine isn't very exciting but we got our flutes and cake servers! I was excited because we had been looking around for awhile and I couldn't find any that I really liked that weren't out of our price range but we found some and I absolutely HEART them!

You can't really tell in the pictures but they are all blingy and sparkly and just perfect!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Photobucket
    "The things I've done, the places I've been, just don't compare to the love I'm in, it beats all I've ever seen."
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Frogs won 72-7.  Ha! Not much of a game, but I'll take it.

I only have one more day of Saturday class.  I'm pretty stoked about that.
  • Options
    msealemseale member
    edited December 2011
    Brianna - It is great that you are so excited about this chapel.  I'm so glad it was available and makes you this happy!

Kathy - Yay for your video turning out well!  That's funny about the family thinking the suprise is a baby.  SO many people keep asking us that as well!

Natalie - You are way more on the ball than I am.  That's great you got all your pictures printed, framed, and hung! 

Joanne- so jealous, Tim McGraw AND the Aggies.  I'm not sure how you're finding the time with only 5 DAYS LEFT until your wedding!!!!!  But, how was the concert?

Bridget - mmm, massage sounds nice....

Anna - good luck on the interview.  Is your niece giving you 'baby fever'?  ;)
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YAY to everyone's AWs!!!

My dear FI finally decided on all of his GMs.  We also pretty much decided on our HM!!!  Now just have too book it!!  So excited!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Had 1 of our 2 showers yesterday and it was great!  My moms (yes 2) and my sisters did a great job!  They cake was AMAZING and everyone had a good time!  I had family come in from San Antonio and College Station that I didn't expect to see so that was an added plus!  We got a lot of presents and can't wait to get orgainzed!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I already posted about mine, but I had my make-up trial and went to see Becky Fowler for my alterations.  When I had the dress on and she had it pinned so it would fit and then I had the veil and my shoes on...I just finally felt like a bride!

Anniversary

• Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Michelle - Thanks! And, I didn't really need much help in that department, but she has definitely helped FI feel more ready for a baby. :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats everyone for your AW's.  I always love finding out what others have accomplished.

My AW is that I caught up on some much needed sleep this weekend and got some projects graded.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_weekend-aws?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:2b84742e-4760-488c-88f4-ac1894fd61d4Post:b55acc92-1431-4a33-8616-9d109b2a8a5a">Re: Weekend AW's</a>:
    [QUOTE]Natalie - You are way more on the ball than I am.  That's great you got all your pictures printed, framed, and hung! 
    Posted by mseale[/QUOTE]

That's just me. Haha. The lady in the store was like "You're so good..I've been married 4 years and haven't printed off any of my wedding photos yet."

I figure, we paid out the butt for them, and I love them, we may as well get good use out of them! I didn't pay that much so they can sit in a media file on my computer! Our photog is making us an album too, but it'll be a month or so before that's ready probably.
  • Options
    seujoanneseujoanne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_weekend-aws?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:2b84742e-4760-488c-88f4-ac1894fd61d4Post:b55acc92-1431-4a33-8616-9d109b2a8a5a">Re: Weekend AW's</a>:
    [QUOTE]Joanne- so jealous, Tim McGraw AND the Aggies.  I'm not sure how you're finding the time with only 5 DAYS LEFT until your wedding!!!!!  But, how was the concert?Posted by mseale[/QUOTE]

I have no idea where the time comes from either - but the concert was alright.  I have seen Tim at least 5 times already and this concert was kind of a let-down.  It was sort of a mini-concert in conjunction with the Superbowl kick off and Cowboys celebration stuff, so he was only on stage for an hour.  The best was when he came on with the UNT orchestra for "Live Like You Were Dying."

I believe the celebration thing is going to be on Fox on Saturday, but I'm not sure if they will show the concert part...
  • Options
    msealemseale member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_weekend-aws?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:2b84742e-4760-488c-88f4-ac1894fd61d4Post:4bb3d201-f2ee-45ae-bfa7-9ed789433bff">Re: Weekend AW's</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Weekend AW's : That's just me. Haha. The lady in the store was like "You're so good..I've been married 4 years and haven't printed off any of my wedding photos yet." I figure, we paid out the butt for them, and I love them, we may as well get good use out of them! I didn't pay that much so they can sit in a media file on my computer! Our photog is making us an album too, but it'll be a month or so before that's ready probably.
    Posted by NMac2010[/QUOTE]

I completely agree, that they should be displayed, and I will get around to it.  However, DH moved in the weeks before and after the wedding, so we are still unpacking boxes and I'm cleaning out closets to make room for all his stuff.  I'm no where near the decorating stage.  I just can't wait for the garage sale this weekend.  Everything left gets donated, so we will have our garage and office back next week.  Yea! 

Then I can hopefully start thinking about decorating.
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    edible arrangements

not sure if it is just the mansfield location... but this week instead of $25 for a dozen chocolate covered strawberries - they are only $10!!!!
    i ordered some to take with us on our wedding night. didn't know they were on sale - lucky me, i just saved $15!!!
  • Options
    msealemseale member
    edited December 2011
    Oh, one more AW for me... I had all of my returns for one registry ready, and knew the rest of the stuff I wanted to purchase to finish it out.  We got all of that taken care of Saturday morning.  Now I have new sheets, bedspread, and it is awesome!!!  

Of course, we weren't home 5 minutes, and fedEx shows up at the door with a new gift from that store.  And it was a duplicate purchase.  HAH!  guess it will take a while to get everything done.  :)
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ooh, Bridget, that's a good deal! I need some hostess gifts for my shower this weekend, hopefully that's for all the locations!
  • Options
    msealemseale member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_weekend-aws?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:2b84742e-4760-488c-88f4-ac1894fd61d4Post:63470da9-d815-4d19-904c-b95dcb792abd">Re: Weekend AW's</a>:
    [QUOTE]edible arrangements not sure if it is just the mansfield location... but this week instead of $25 for a dozen chocolate covered strawberries - they are only $10!!!! i ordered some to take with us on our wedding night. didn't know they were on sale - lucky me, i just saved $15!!!
    Posted by bridgetlb[/QUOTE]

Yum! 

That could be a good "Just because I love you" gift for DH.  :)
    Michelle & Michael
    Married - August '10
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Had my first shower - and my MOH did an amazing job.  She gave a very sweet toast that made me cry!  I'm glad we are back on good terms.

Yay Anna - let us know how the interview goes!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_texas-dallas-ft-worth_weekend-aws?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:102Discussion:2b84742e-4760-488c-88f4-ac1894fd61d4Post:27e57e27-698a-451c-8f0d-edb50e723b6e">Re: Weekend AW's</a>:
    [QUOTE]And, I *just* got a call about an interview this week! Since I've been job searching for so long, I don't usually talk about interviews anymore, but it's been almost 9 weeks since my last one!
    Posted by BanannaP[/QUOTE]

Best of luck! T&P are with you. tell us how it goes.
  • Options
    BanannaPBanannaP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Lacey and Deepthi! I will let you know.

Lacey - I'm so glad your shower went well, I knew she'd pull through for you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    NWR but we went to the Rangers game Sat. and had seats in the first covered area behind home plate, so we were golden when it started raining :) And we won! Woot!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards