Canada-Ontario

license

when do you have to get the license?  I have no idea if there is a minimum time before  that we have to get it. 
basically I am asking for any information on the license process.
thanks for helping me.

Re: license

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • edited December 2011
    As a tip, we went at 8:15 am to City Hall downtown before they opened. Walked right in and were helped right away (the lady even said "you're here for a marriage license aren't you?" awwww) and by the time we left 20 mins later there were 10 people in line. So go early! 
  • LaurenArnettLaurenArnett member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

You cant get a license in Ontario before 90 days to your wedding. They are only valid for 3 months!

You can fill out the form online and bring it to your local office. Its $110.00 and they dont take credit card!

We are going this week!

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was $130 for me and they did take my credit card. I got it at Toronto City Hall.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • silversparkssilversparks member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ours was also $130 at the Toronto office (old North York City Center / Mel Lastman Square). They also took my credit card. And I totally agree about going early, we got there at 8, we were out of there in less than 20 minutes and by then there was a line.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Webb2BWebb2B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The license cost veries by city.  Our officient said that Alymer ON is the cheapest that she knows of and cost $75.  If you are on a budget and willing to go for a drive it sure will save a few $$.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards