Texas-San Antonio

Caribbean honeymoon suggestions?

My fiance and I are getting married this October, and we still haven't decided on a honeymoon destination.  We would like to go somewhere more secluded and romantic, away from the party scene.  We'd also like to go diving.  We've looked at St. Lucia, Bahamas, Caymans, DR, and Jamaica. 

What islands, hotels, all-inclusives, etc. do you recommend?  Would love to hear about your experiences!

Re: Caribbean honeymoon suggestions?

• edited December 2011
    Have you considered mexico? We went on a trip to El Dorado Seaside Suites and it was awesome. Adult only all inclusive and very secluded.. It's a very romantic hotel it's actually where we got engaged.
  • edited December 2011
    I know Sandals resorts are supposed to be really perfect for couples. Odyssey Travel has informational seminars every once in a while where you can get information and see all of the different resorts and what they have to offer. I think they have them in St. Lucia, Jamaica and maybe the Bahamas too. I have a friend who went and got the personal butler and said it was the best honeymoon ever!
  • edited December 2011
    We are getting married in October as well, and we avoided the carribean because of hurricane season. Although my good friends went to Jamaica (Couples Swept Away) during September and had no problems. I'm just a worrier so I didn't want to have something extra to worry about!

Have you checked out Aruba? It's supposed to awesome. We were thisclose to going there. The weather is great (not humid), and it's out of the way of hurricanes.
  • marissa54marissa54 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We just got back yesterday from Couples Swept Away in Jamaica and it was fabulous! Everything was perfect! Yes, hurricane season starts in June so it would be something to keep in mind. Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    Check out the Sandals resort in Antigua. Antigua is relatively protected from hurricanes, or at least it has been over the last several years. The resort is beautiful as are the beaches.
    We celebrated our engagement there and the amenities were amazing as was the staff.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards