Kentucky-Louisville

Help!! Limos, Make-up Artists and Videographers.

I'm having a November wedding and am looking for the following...
1. Limo Company- anyone used Xtreme Transportation? If so, what was your experience like?
2. Make-Up Artist- Did you use one? If so, who?
3. Videographers- I'm looking for one who doesn't charge an arm and a leg. lol!!

Please Help! :)

Re: Help!! Limos, Make-up Artists and Videographers.

• ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    The only one I can help you on is videographers. I used Kip Wilson. www.kwesevents.com
  • edited December 2011
    Hi,

Limo Co- We used Extreme and we were very satisfied.  The driver actually showed up 30 minutes early.  All we had was a pick up and drop off.

Videographer-  We used New Direction Studio and for 2 cameras it was $645 for 4 hours (I believe).  Haven't got my video back yet, but satisfied with their services so far.  Their website is www.newdirectionstudio.com

I didn't use a make-up artist.

Hope this helps!
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For video, I used Bella Blue Studio out of Lexington.  I just got the raw footage and am editing on my own, but the footage is great quality.

Makeup - Hope Mitchell from Louisville.  She was awesome to work with!

Limo - we didn't have one.  We did have a shuttle bus from the venue to/from the hotel for guests, and we rode that at the end of the night.  That was Wombles out of Nicholasville. 

(We live in Louisville but the wedding was in Central Kentucky.)
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • edited December 2011
    1.  Limo:  We are going with Person to Person limo service.  They have been awesome.  We originally went with Aztec and that has been a huge mess.  You may have a different experience with them (Aztec) but all I can advise is document everything with them.

2.  Make up:  Ashley from Modern Glamour.  She has been awesome and the best prices I could find around town.   None of her pictures look like the bride has make up caked on, which is really important to me.

3.  We aren't filming anything so I can't help you there.
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't use a limo.

I used Bethany Tiesman of Beauty by Bethany...loved her and have used her for every special event since!!!  Well worth it when you get those pictures back that you will have for the rest of your life!

LOVE iC video and Kay Roundtree.  They are both so awesome...just different personalities...so see who works best for you!
  • hanneal88hanneal88 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does Hope have a website or any contact info? was it extremely pricey? some are so pricey!
  • edited December 2011
    www.beautybybethany<br" rel="nofollow" />www.beautybybethany
    > />
    www.icvideo.net

www.kayrountree.com

I believe their prices are pretty comparable to their skill level.  You really do get what you pay for!!
  • edited December 2011
    I am having my makeup and hair done at Looking Glass Salon and Spa in New Albany.  I went and had my makeup done there for my engagement photos to kind of feel them out and give them an opportunity for a trial.  They did an awesome job.  My engagement photos were taken when it was hot and humid for 2 hours and it still looked the same when we were done as it did when we started.  They were very good about asking me what I liked so they didn't do something that I didn't like.  My profile pic on here has a picture of me with the makeup on.  They charged me $25 and she said that was a $3 discount since I was getting my makeup done there for the wedding also.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards