November 2013 Weddings

To 'Clink', or NOT to 'Clink'??

Hey 2013 Brides!!!

We all know the traditional clinking of glasses for the bride and groom to kiss...however, I was thinking of doing something OTHER than clinking of the glass (it can get too loud!)

While looking at the website, http://boards.weddingbee.com/topic/ways-to-make-the-bride-and-groom-kiss , I started wondering if any of YOU are going to have glasses clinked for the kiss, or are you doing something else??
imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: To 'Clink', or NOT to 'Clink'??

• I never knew people did different things like that to get the bride and groom to kiss??? It's pretty different, so I guess I will just stick to the usual toasting to get my kisses in :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yeah! I didn't know at first either until I saw an episode on TV of someone's wedding where they had guests hula hoop in order for bride and groom to kiss...so I googled ideas...I might have the guests sing a song that have the word "Kiss" or "Love" in it...and everytime those words are heard, the bride and groom kiss ;)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_to-clink-or-not-to-clink?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:00b28bb1-82bb-49a1-95ab-c45abfe4de4aPost:ae88206f-be1d-4d26-b17d-92144e1e6755">Re: To 'Clink', or NOT to 'Clink'??</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah! I didn't know at first either until I saw an episode on TV of someone's wedding where they had guests hula hoop in order for bride and groom to kiss...so I googled ideas...I might have the guests sing a song that have the word "Kiss" or "Love" in it...and everytime those words are heard, the bride and groom kiss ;)
    Posted by princesscastillo325[/QUOTE]
    Both are so cute. But for us our families are so traditional that doing anything besides the clinking of the glass would not work for them. I really like the song idea thats cute!
  • edited July 2012
    yeah, might have to scratch the song idea though...my mom reminded me that most of my family hates going up to sing or do anything like that infront of people, so my FH and I wouldnt be kissing as much...but I WANT us to kiss a lot!! Lol hahaha

So my mom suggested silver bells...but I dunno. I kinda like the idea, but I want something a bit more creative. lol

---A few minutes later----

HERSHEY KISSES! This idea is cute... read on!

Hershey's Kisses Kissing Game

Please no tinkling of glasses or bells rung out loud,
    We'd prefer something different from this lovely crowd.

We've filled a box with Hershey chocolates and set it aside
    Near the Head Table at which sit the Groom and the Bride.

If it's a kiss that you're after come forward and stand,
    Now roll up your sleeve and dig in with your hand.

Reach down deep and retrieve a Kiss of GOLD,
    A smooch between the Bride and Groom you'll behold.

But if you pull out a SILVER Kiss in your quest,
    Then you'll be required to kiss another guest!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_to-clink-or-not-to-clink?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:00b28bb1-82bb-49a1-95ab-c45abfe4de4aPost:7cbd904f-d2db-46ec-af00-7965b0c7b072">Re: To 'Clink', or NOT to 'Clink'??</a>:
    [QUOTE]yeah, might have to scratch the song idea though...my mom reminded me that most of my family hates going up to sing or do anything like that infront of people, so my FH and I wouldnt be kissing as much...but I WANT us to kiss a lot!! Lol hahaha So my mom suggested silver bells...but I dunno. I kinda like the idea, but I want something a bit more creative. lol ---A few minutes later---- HERSHEY KISSES! This idea is cute... read on! Hershey's Kisses Kissing Game Please no tinkling of glasses or bells rung out loud, We'd prefer something different from this lovely crowd. We've filled a box with Hershey chocolates and set it aside Near the Head Table at which sit the Groom and the Bride. If it's a kiss that you're after come forward and stand, Now roll up your sleeve and dig in with your hand. Reach down deep and retrieve a Kiss of GOLD, A smooch between the Bride and Groom you'll behold. But if you pull out a SILVER Kiss in your quest, Then you'll be required to kiss another guest!

Now that is cute!
    Posted by princesscastillo325[/QUOTE]
  • Call me a party pooper, but I hate this tradition. When I am sitting down at my table, I want to eat my food, not have my mouth otherwise engaged.

But of course, FI does want to do the traditional clinking --- /> kissing thing. So, we'll probably do that. But then, I'll probably be hungry and tired and cranky and start just ignoring them, lol.
  • So I talked with the family. They made some valid points...it would be weird if while we were dancing, we had to stop and the person grabbing teh chocolate had to try and get our attention...sooo...we're going to use small bells. It'll have ivory and marine blue ribbon tied to it...so it's the wedding colors, it's not clinking of the glass, and it's also a little gift the Guests can take home with them :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards