Not Engaged Yet

Thanksgiving Yumminess

I made THESE for Thanksgiving yesterday with my FILs and they were a big hit! I made 2 batches and at least 1 was gone before we sat down to dinner. 

They were really easy to make (5 mins prep, 15 mins bake) and absolutely delicious. I gave the recipe to 4 of FI's family members. 

Just thought I'd share in case anyone is looking for an easy, fast, yummy dessert for Thursday! 

Share some yumminess if you'd like :)

Re: Thanksgiving Yumminess

• I don't have any thing to share but those look super yummy!

• I'm making butternut squash and fingerling potato au gratin and a cranberry salad. I might also take some haricots verts that have been sauteed in olive oil and garlic because I think the green beans that Tyler's family will make will probably have ham in them, and I'm allergic to pork :(.

• We are making the normal stuff for regular Thanksgiving, and then M and I are in charge of a couple of dishes for "Friendsgiving" on Friday.

We're making:

and 

Oh.  I almost forgot - I'm in charge of picking up purple potatoes for Thursday as well.  We're going to do lavendar mashed potatoes.  They're basically the same as regular, but they turn out more lavendar in color with the mix of white and purple.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • All of this food sounds yummy.  We will be doing brunch out with my family and then heading over to BF's aunt's house.  So there is no way to really bring anything with us. I would love to cook a few things to add.

Anniversary

• RDR - I may make those too - they look fantastic, and not too hard to do. I've been trying to figure out a dessert to make to bring with me to BF's family's house. Do you think those would travel well? It's going to be about a 5 hour drive. I may also make some sort of pumpkin pie, which I've never made before. If anyone has a good recipe - share!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • FI's aunt is doing dinner on his side of the family - she is awesome. I b!tch about her because she can be a real mean b!tch - but she called FI and found out more information about his gluten issues - and is switching up some of her recipes so that he can still eat his favorites. That made me feel good.

My maternal unit has yet to tell me when dinner is - let alone if i'm "Supposed" to bring anything, so I've decided...I'm not lol.

I am making pumpkin muffins for a guy at work, FI & I, and sending some to ms Bri.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thanksgiving-yumminess?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7a00009a-1bf4-4550-84e1-bb702acb608bPost:b0071869-4f37-4bc3-81d6-08d20389bd45">Re: Thanksgiving Yumminess</a>:
    [QUOTE]RDR - I may make those too - they look fantastic, and not too hard to do. I've been trying to figure out a dessert to make to bring with me to BF's family's house. Do you think those would travel well? It's going to be about a 5 hour drive. I may also make some sort of pumpkin pie, which I've never made before. If anyone has a good recipe - share!
    Posted by Hummingbird125[/QUOTE]

<div>Yea I think they'd be fine. I made them and then we didn't eat them until hours later and they were great.</div>

• RDR-I love skinnytaste!  I'm making her asparagus wrapped in prosciuotto (sp?) for Thanksgiving since my boyfriend's friend loved it when I made it for Easter dinner this year for them.

I'm going to try this recipe for maybe Christmas eve or something.  My bf is so excited about Christmas (the first time ever for him I think lol) he wants to put the tree up Sunday!  Oh boy lol.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • I'm making my grandma's cranberry marshmallow salad. I'm not usually much of a whipped cream salad kind of gal, but this stuff is good!

1 bag of cranberries (raw, ground in a food processor)
    1 cup of sugar
    1 can of crushed pineapple, drained
    1 pint of whipping cream
    2 pkgs of small marshmallows

Place the ground cranberries, sugar and crushed pineapple in a bowl and stir. Cover and place the bowl in the fridge to sit for 1-2 hours. Whip whipping cream with a whisk or mixer until it forms soft peaks. Combine marshmallows, whipped cream and cranberry mixture with a spatula in a large bowl. Once the marshmallows are well coated, keep covered in fridge until serving. (I usually prefer it to chill for at least an hour, but it's best if you make it the day before!)

Hummingbird - I always make my pumpkin pie with the recipe on the back of the Libby's can. It's pretty basic, but it's turned out every time for me. (except for the one time I completely forgot the sugar. I swear my family will never let me live that one down!!!)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thanksgiving-yumminess?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7a00009a-1bf4-4550-84e1-bb702acb608bPost:038aeb3d-9dd7-4a72-8d53-2db9f916f38e">Thanksgiving Yumminess</a>:
    [QUOTE]I made  THESE  for Thanksgiving yesterday with my FILs and they were a big hit! I made 2 batches and at least 1 was gone before we sat down to dinner.  They were really easy to make (5 mins prep, 15 mins bake) and absolutely delicious. I gave the recipe to 4 of FI's family members.  Just thought I'd share in case anyone is looking for an easy, fast, yummy dessert for Thursday!  Share some yumminess if you'd like :)
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

Oh my! Pecan pie is my favorite! I'm going to have to try making those! Thanks Rdr!!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm making an entire Thanksgiving meal tomorrow for me and BF since I'm working on Thursday. We're having;

Turkey Breast with Herb Butter
    Garlic Mashed Potatoes
    Stuffing
    Macaroni and Cheese
    Green Bean Casserole
    Cranberry Sauce
    Pumpkin Pie

I'm excited. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_thanksgiving-yumminess?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:7a00009a-1bf4-4550-84e1-bb702acb608bPost:93431021-8ab8-48f3-aa3e-589cf0d78078">Re: Thanksgiving Yumminess</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm making an entire Thanksgiving meal tomorrow for me and BF since I'm working on Thursday. We're having; Turkey Breast with Herb Butter Garlic Mashed Potatoes Stuffing Macaroni and Cheese Green Bean Casserole Cranberry Sauce Pumpkin Pie I'm excited. 
    Posted by jorja86[/QUOTE]
    Don't be surprised if I'm sitting outside your house tomorrow.
    Anniversary
  • I made brownie bites with pumpkin cream cheese topping ;)
    Happy Thanksgiving!!
  • RDR, those mini pecan tarts look yummy!

Peek, I am bookmarking that mashed potato recipe so hard right now.

Also, I have absolutely nothing to contribute here.  We are in no way set up to host, and our family usually goes out to eat for the holidays.  Sometimes I miss the home cooking, but I get stressed prepping food for a lot of people.  Hats off to all of you hosting or otherwise making dishes for the holidays!

• Those look absolutely delicious.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards