Texas-San Antonio

Florist/Cake/DJ/Hair&Makeup/Transport recommendations?

Hi all - any recommendations on florists, cakes, djs, tranport, and hair/makeup?

Anyone used the Exclusive Cake Shop?  Cutting Edge Entertainment?  Eden's floral?  Any of the trolley companies for transport?  

Thanks - not seeing too many reviews available online.  And since I'm planning from out of town and won't be in SA until the Nov before my Feb 2012 wedding, I'll need to sign contracts with these vendors without ever meeting with them.

Mary

Re: Florist/Cake/DJ/Hair&Makeup/Transport recommendations?

• geminagigeminagi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Florist: Budget Bridal or Rey de Flores
    Cutting Edge is AWESOME!!!
    Cakes & More & Creation Cakes
    Hair & Makeup: Depends on taste and what you want but try: K&M Impressions and I think it was Madam Makeup.
    Trolleys: Via Transportation, contact them and see. Doesn't hurt to try.
    Good Luck!!!
  • edited December 2011

LIke PP, I'd also recommend SA Budget Bridal for flowers and linens.  And for cake, I'd recommend Bettyjane's Bakeshoppe (I'm a cake snob and nothing else comes close to their cakes, which are made from scratch, not a mix).

Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Cakes: Creations Cakes
    Transportation: Elegant Limousine & Charter
    Hair & Make-up: Alyssa Garcia
  • edited December 2011
    Alyssa Garcia all the way for hair and makeup. I do not recommend K&M based off my trial with them. I thought they made me look older, instead of fabulous.
  • kcb10kcb10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Fresh Urban Flowers (by Anteloquy) - Brooke is super sweet and really reasonable. 
  • edited December 2011
    Cake: 2Tarts Bakery in New Braunfels-all fresh ingredients and great products

Florist: DeVinnie's Paradise-super sweet, she is the 3rd quote we got, Eden's Echo was snotty, Floral Elegance was too pricey and DeVinnie's was willing to bend over backwards for us.

DJ: Couldn't find anyone in SA cuz of our date(9-10-11), but we found a guy that would come from austin.ATX DJ

Hair/Makeup: Vanity Room and Spa, she seems to have good prices and good reviews

Transport: none for us
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The Exclusive Cake Shop did my wedding cake and grooms cake last february and it was a hit!
    Seriously people are still talking about our cakes, first of how moint and delicious my cake was and about my husbands cake, he had a grill cake with fondant steaks, lobsters, and a sausage. Since the moment I sat down with their cake designer to the delivery of my cake they were very professional and KNEW what they were doing and talking about. You'l find out  many cakes shops in san antonio dont know much about fondant or custom cakes.
    I do recommend you this cake shop 100%
  • edited December 2011
    Well i haven't gotten married yet.. but here are some vendors I am using.

Cake: Cakes & More. Super sweet owner, she didn't force us into using fondant like most bakers do in order to make more money. She actually prefers using icing.
    Florist: HEB Bloom. Floral Elegance was too pricey.
    DJ: http://www.cmsanantoniodj.com/
    oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • edited December 2011
    Flowers: Botanika, Melissa is amazing.
    Cake: Creatons Cakes is so delicious and beautiful.
    Mrs. Vail 11.11.11
  • edited December 2011
    Second Creations cakes-- we are using them. She is out of pleasonton, tx

Also I highly recommend Eden's Echo for floral. Erin is a doll and her floral work is simply amazing.
  • edited December 2011
    D' Pasteles in Live Oak is amazing! Their almond cake is the best.
    I'm using Ulta for hair and makeup. Trial run was free and makeup is only $30 and its waterproof which is a must in Texas heat
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards