June 2012 Weddings

No Kids?

I really do not have patience for some of the people on the etiquitte board...

Are any of you doing no kids?  If so, how will you go about indicating such?
I know that who you address the invite to is who you are inviting...but let's be honest, not all recipients get this...is there a nice way to just say it?

I know that some people on our guest list truely believe that the entire world enjoys their offspring as much as they do...Yell

Re: No Kids?

• we will not be having any children at our wedding (maybe teenagers) but I feel the best way is to just indicate on the invite exactly who is invited. if they respond back with their child then I'd nip it in the bud saying that you and your FI have decided not to have children at your wedding and that it is an adult only event. how old are these children? are they teenagers or babies?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am addressing the outside envelope Mr & Mrs. Not Mr & Mrs and Family. 

June 2012 December Siggy Challenge: Favorite Things about Christmas image
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio Updated 10/24/2011
  • I was wondering this also... but I have a feeling that not everyone will get this. Is it really THAT rude to indicate that the reception will be sans children? 
  • On the RSPV cards instead of having the M________ write out Mr & Mrs Smith with no line to fill it in. That should help with getting the point across in addition to the envelope.

Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • FI's youngest cousin will be 15 by the time of our wedding so we are using that as our cutoff age.  There are friends and cousins with babies now, they will range from 2-7 by the time of the wedding (and who knows how many more will be popped out before then).
  • I would simply address the invitation to those invited. For instance:  
    Mr & Mrs John Smith. It is consider not proper etiquette to write on the invitation Adult Event Only or No kids or anything of that nature on the invite.
  • I plan on addressing the envelope directly to the people invited, but everyone in my family and my close friends know so I am hoping that the word will spread verbally that no children are invited.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I plan on having no children in my wedding as well ,except for the birdal party children. I'm going to address the envelope to the people invited and RSVP cards will only have Mr & Mrs _______. That should definitely help with getting your point across. :)
    June 2012-July Siggy Challenge: Ceremony Venue imagePlanning Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My question is...

If we have the "No kids" rule and make it clear to our guests, but then still invite our immediate neices & nephews - Will our guests understand that those children should be there, or will they question why their own children couldn't attend, and be offended?

FI refuses to not invite His neices & nephews (which I fully understand) but I want to make sure I'm making the best move here.
    I'm thinking about the budget...If we nix the children and a few other "+ Guest" invitations - We could afford some Reception entertainment, maybe even a bigger splurg on the Honeymoon or add it to the down payment on our first home!
    Ah priorities.....

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_june-2012-weddings_kids?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:3ae4d68d-f10a-4dec-8810-da13c14a7b86Discussion:fbbd344d-ff1b-4443-94ce-aecc17ba8e36Post:69ad4f3e-12bd-4f71-9d6f-e7a5024a74be">No Kids?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>I really do not have patience for some of the people on the etiquitte board...</strong> Are any of you doing no kids?  If so, how will you go about indicating such? I know that who you address the invite to is who you are inviting...but let's be honest, not all recipients get this...is there a nice way to just say it? I know that some people on our guest list truely believe that the entire world enjoys their offspring as much as they do...
    Posted by Tiffany6912[/QUOTE]

HAHAHA. That made me laugh. Because sometimes I feel the same way but am too afraid to post it for fear that I will get my neck jumped down.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards