April 2012 Weddings
Options

XP Fiance is going to blow a gasket

Good news...the stationer FINALLY sent me the set of proofs that are going to be good to go, with the pricing.

Bad news...the quote was at least twice as much as what we expected for the invitation, reply card, thank you notes, and return address printed on the back of the outer envelope for the invitations.

Fiance is already aggravated with the stationer for taking so long and I can't imagine he will be happy that the quote came back so high.

Any suggestions?  (Aside from going with cheaper invitations)?
Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.

Re: XP Fiance is going to blow a gasket

• Options
    Why did it come back as twice what you thought it would? What other options do you have besides looking at other stationers?

You could try to negotiate with them, but I don't know that they would  be able to come down that much. If you really love them though, you could try and find other areas to pinch pennies!
    We're married! And we're ready to sell! http://nauticalwedding.weebly.com/index.html
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Only other option would be to cut certain things out of our package at the stationers (i.e. thank you notes or return address printed on back flap of outer envelope) and do something cheaper.

At least fiance actually didn't blow a gasket and we were able to talk about it reasonably and decide what we want to do.  So looks like everything will be OK because at least we're not arguing about it.
  • Options
    I'm glad everything worked out! What did you decide to do?
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • Options
    Fiance felt a little better when he spoke with a friend of ours who got married last year and found out that what we were quoted was somewhat in line with what they paid for their stationery set at another place.  So that made us feel a little better, even if was more than we had planned on paying.
  • Options
    I'm glad it all worked out ok!  That stinks though that it's more than you were planning.  Hopefully something else works out to be less, so that it all balances out in the end.

Hooray for invitation drama being over!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • Options
    Who would have thought that invitations could cost so much??  I know we were shocked at some of the prices we were quoted.  Are there any parts that you could DIY to save some money?  
  • Options
    Glad that all worked out for you.
    April 2012 - October Siggy Challenge: Bouquet Inspiration imageWedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards