California-Bay Area
Options

2015 wedding never to early right ?

Hi, me & my fiancée just got engaged after 7 years. We're planning on 2015 wedding to save & plan. Just introducing myself & hoping to gain insight on this very overwhelming planning business. Looking for venues anywhere in the Bay Area . I'm DIY kind of gal but hey if the price is good and its included sure! I'm thinking of a venue that offers tables,chair & linens.

Re: 2015 wedding never to early right ?

• Options
    Congrats!!!! It's never to early to plan for a wedding as long as you already have the future groom ready :p

Wedding is expensive. I got engaged in September 2012 and getting married on 03/2013. Like you, I am a DIY bride...within reason though :D. And I am very budget mindful. Let me know if you need any suggestions! :)
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-bay-area_2015-wedding-never-to-early-right?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:602Discussion:e9940ad9-6eb6-4b06-9aed-61d3f6e76c64Post:4b621ce2-5aa0-4dd4-8d26-adeb46436e0d">Re: 2015 wedding never to early right ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats!!!! It's never to early to plan for a wedding as long as you already have the future groom ready :p.  Wedding is expensive. I got engaged in September 2012 and getting married on 03/2013. Like you, I am a DIY bride...within reason though :D. And I am very budget mindful. Let me know if you need any suggestions! :)
    Posted by bryemar[/QUOTE]
     Too funny.. I thought I was the only early bird.. We are also planning a 2015 wedding.<div>We are on a tight budget as well and have a guest list of 200 people.  I have become a wedding planner of sorts during this process.  I have contacted and viewed about 30 venues in the Bay Area.  Let me know if you would like the pricing info I have via email.  I am not sure where you live, but I have searched the South Bay, East Bay, Monterey, Carmel and Brentwood area.</div><div>Best of Luck!</div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-bay-area_2015-wedding-never-to-early-right?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:602Discussion:e9940ad9-6eb6-4b06-9aed-61d3f6e76c64Post:4b621ce2-5aa0-4dd4-8d26-adeb46436e0d">Re: 2015 wedding never to early right ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Congrats!!!! It's never to early to plan for a wedding as long as you already have the future groom ready :p.  Wedding is expensive. I got engaged in September 2012 and getting married on 03/2013. Like you, I am a DIY bride...within reason though :D. And I am very budget mindful. Let me know if you need any suggestions! :)
    Posted by bryemar[/QUOTE]
     Too funny.. I thought I was the only early bird.. We are also planning a 2015 wedding.<div>We are on a tight budget as well and have a guest list of 200 people.  I have become a wedding planner of sorts during this process.  I have contacted and viewed about 30 venues in the Bay Area.  Let me know if you would like the pricing info I have via email.  I am not sure where you live, but I have searched the South Bay, East Bay, Monterey, Carmel and Brentwood area.</div><div>Best of Luck!</div>
  • Options

Our venue booked up 18 months in advance so never too early!

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-bay-area_2015-wedding-never-to-early-right?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:602Discussion:e9940ad9-6eb6-4b06-9aed-61d3f6e76c64Post:0c97bf7e-2928-4304-86e2-145f0aa44014">Re: 2015 wedding never to early right ?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: 2015 wedding never to early right ? :  Too funny.. I thought I was the only early bird.. We are also planning a 2015 wedding. We are on a tight budget as well and have a guest list of 200 people.  I have become a wedding planner of sorts during this process.  I have contacted and viewed about 30 venues in the Bay Area.  Let me know if you would like the pricing info I have via email.  I am not sure where you live, but I have searched the South Bay, East Bay, Monterey, Carmel and Brentwood area. Best of Luck!
    Posted by leinasmom[/QUOTE]

<div>Wow! We are planning a 2014 DIY rustic wedding and would love if you can share the info with us.</div>
  • Options
    No - not too early at all! We've been together 5 years, have been engaged for 1.5 and are planning a July 2015 wedding. In our defense, he's currently a 3rd year law student in NJ and I'm a first year MPA student in NYC, so planning our CA wedding with one mom in CA and one in TX means lots of coordination.

Looking forward to seeing you around as both of us plan!

• Options
    leinasmom said:
    In Response to Re: 2015 wedding never to early right ?:
    Congrats!!!! It's never to early to plan for a wedding as long as you already have the future groom ready :p.  Wedding is expensive. I got engaged in September 2012 and getting married on 03/2013. Like you, I am a DIY bride...within reason though :D. And I am very budget mindful. Let me know if you need any suggestions! :)
    Posted by bryemar
     Too funny.. I thought I was the only early bird.. We are also planning a 2015 wedding.
    We are on a tight budget as well and have a guest list of 200 people.  I have become a wedding planner of sorts during this process.  I have contacted and viewed about 30 venues in the Bay Area.  Let me know if you would like the pricing info I have via email.  I am not sure where you live, but I have searched the South Bay, East Bay, Monterey, Carmel and Brentwood area.
    Best of Luck!
    May 2015 bride here! I already booked my venue, bought the dress and have the cake!  I live out of state, so I'm trying to get as far ahead as possible! 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What venue did you end up choosing?
  • Options
    I'm also planning a 2015 summer wedding and I am curious what you guys have found on the peninsula. I know it is more expensive than other parts of the Bay Area, but my fiance and I are both from there, so we would like to have it close to family. 
  • Options
    I am planning a 2015 January wedding in Florida< I feel that you two should go with what you can afford, and what will make the day special, (HINT) - A Lot of DIY's  
  • Options
    In Response to Re: 2015 wedding never to early right ? :  Too funny.. I thought I was the only early bird.. We are also planning a 2015 wedding. We are on a tight budget as well and have a guest list of 200 people.  I have become a wedding planner of sorts during this process.  I have contacted and viewed about 30 venues in the Bay Area.  Let me know if you would like the pricing info I have via email.  I am not sure where you live, but I have searched the South Bay, East Bay, Monterey, Carmel and Brentwood area. Best of Luck!
    Posted by leinasmom

Hey everyone, I just got engaged and trying to plan a wedding in bay area.fairly open to any ideas but have no idea where to start. Leinasmom, I was wondering if you still have the pricing info? I'm currently living in Connecticut and trying to look at venues online is rough. 
  • Options
    I looked at San Francisco and Half Moon Bay area. There are great venues on the coastside, and you don't have to worry about crazy city parking, but I ended up booking the venue in Union Square in San Francisco so that the guests would be close to plenty of touristy things to do. 
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    We are also planning on March 1 2015 wedding in bay area.  I am from out of state, I am looking for venue for small wedding ceremony in bay area (around 30 guests).

Please share idea on venue! thanks! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards