Nevada-Las Vegas

Welcome bags

I'm not sure if I am going to do welcome bags, or a newsletter or anything like that.. but in case I do, what was your strategy for getting these to people? M&G? Bringing them to their hotels? What if I have people staying at 10 different hotels? Just some things I never really thought about until right now. Thanks!!

Re: Welcome bags

• edited December 2011
    I am doing welcome bags for the just the guests that are staying in our room block. I will have my junior BMs deliver them to their rooms once they check-in
  • starryeyed77starryeyed77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am wondering the same thing.  I want to but dont know that I will be able to make it work with those at different hotels.  I am considering sending "Look forward to seeing you" packages with information like maps and schedules and things to do etc to those when we recieve their RSVPs.
  • edited December 2011
    We are having a rehearsal dinner/Meet and Greet for all guests on Friday evening before the wedding. I will have all my welcome bags there to hand out. I am not doing any favors for my wedding so this will kind of be the favor. I am planning to include a little brochure about the wedding events, the best free things to do in Vegas, important phone numbers, and maps. I am also including bottled water, advil, shout wipes, hand sanitizer, a deck of playing cards with vegas logo on them, small package of cookies, and a granola bar.

My hotel wanted to charge $2 per bag to hand out at check in and $4 to deliver to rooms. I figured this would be just as good and all of our wedding guests will be at the dinner and that would solve my problem about guests staying in other hotels...

Wedding Countdown Ticker

121image Invited to Fabulous Las Vegas!
    53 image Are all in!
    68 image Are celebrating from afar
    0 image Haven't decided yet

RSVP Date 2/1
  • edited December 2011

That's helpful, thanks girls. Since I have to fly there and we are expecting 60 or so guests, I am leaning toward skipping welcome bags, and maybe just doing "newsletter"/itenerary type things, and bringing them around to the hotels.. or maybe just e-mailing them out ahead of time.

• edited December 2011
    I have been going back and fourth on the idea as well. I refuse to pay the hotel a fee to hand out the bags at check in. I like the idea of handing them out at the welcome dinner .
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    123: Invitedimage
    TBA: Attendingimage
    TBA: Declinedimage
    TBA: Not Repliedimage
    RSVP August 10, 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards