Michigan-Northern

Old Mackinac Point Lighthouse

Hey all!
I'm considering having my wedding at the Old Mackinac Point Lighthouse and was wondering if anyone had any information on it. Anybody had their wedding their or know someone who has? I'm curious as to how they have the weddings; indoor or out and decorating. Any more info than there is on the state park website would be wonderful!

Re: Old Mackinac Point Lighthouse

• southofnormalsouthofnormal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there next Sept. Weddings are held outside. Restrooms are offsite. Chairs are provided. Backup location is the mission church at the fort. Email Scott from the webpage ... He is incredibly helpful.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Proposal Site: 12/29/10 United States Capitol Building Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am also getting married there next September also.  Definitely email or call Scott Whitsman.  He is wonderful to work with and full or recommendations.

Jennifer
    9/22/12
  • HeyJennifer! My date is 9/24 (Monday). What are you doing for a reception?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Proposal Site: 12/29/10 United States Capitol Building Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are having our reception at Audies.  They have a very reasonable menu and have been very accomodating.  We aren't having dancing.  Just dinner and hanging out.
  • Another question - will you be ordering off the menu at Audies? Or do you have a choice of a couple menu items? And what about cake?

Right now we are thinking of having a pizza/salad/pasta party at a building in a campground south of town. http://www.campmackinaw.com/contact_us.htm Just tryting to keep things small and simple. We are only having about 35 people.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards