Not Engaged Yet

FB friend list

One of my friends just posted this on her wall

How many of us really know all of the people on our friend list? I mean personally know? Here's a task for you. I want all of the people on my list to post how you met me. After you have completed this, repost this in your status box

I find this a little odd I guess because I personally know just about everyone on my friend list (I have a few knotties on mine that I haven't personally met but we talk) and I can't imagine just adding people on there that I don't know. I just don't understand this concept of adding 'friends' just to say "I have 800 friends!" No you don't - you have 800 people that you don't know and are sharing personal information with.

Am I missing something? Anyone care to educate me?
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Re: FB friend list

• edited December 2011
    My fb friends are all people I have met personally.  In fact, I decline friend requests from people I know, but that I just don't care to be fb friends with.  Some people are really obsessed with having hundreds of friends. 
  • katanne9katanne9 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I think it's strange.

What's the point??
  • edited December 2011
    Yeah, I mean it's kind of creepy to have all those people you don't know as friends and they can see everything you post.  Doesn't make much sense to me.  I think I have like.... 10 friends on my fb and they're all just that - real live friends.  Some people are just whacked out.
  • zaneopalzaneopal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have like, 200...but I know them all. They're people from clubs or classes in college, the very few people from high school I still talk to, and family members.

I think I might do a purge soon, get rid of the people I haven't spoken to in a while.
  • edited December 2011
    A lot of people on my list posted that recently too.

I know that I did a big purge a few weeks ago. If I couldn't remember the last time I'd spoken with someone they got the ax. The creepy part was a couple of people tried to friend me back right away, apparently they like stalkikng me?
    image image image image 
    "but you're SO FUNNY, button! you're so funny i kind of want to crawl into your skin and wear it as my own. " - NarwhalYou, my dear, are the Queen of the Beebees. Here's a tiara - Oceana 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I think I need to go through and do a purge soon of the people I don't talk to anymore - I've got about 170 people and I know I don't talk to all of them
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I don't think people realize that you can set your privacy settings to exclude certain FB "friends" from seeing your profile pics, tagged photos, and/or wall posts, etc.  

The majority of my FB friends can only see my profile pics and info. This way, we can reach out and reconnect if we want  to at some point, but they aren't able to glean into the details of my daily life.  Only my closest friends and family can see my full profile (including tagged photos, wall posts, etc.)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards