Minnesota-Minneapolis and St. Paul

HELP! need suggestions for song for wedding video highlight track...

I can't think of anything....literally.  Our wedding was outside (so less traditional right there), our recessional was a Metallica song, but my processional was Bach's Cello Solo Prelude (so we mixed non traditional/fun with traditional/elegant).....HELP!!!!  The DVD will be done and ready to mail soon and I can't think of anything!!!!!!
OPEN TO ALL SUGGESTIONS!!!!  TIA ladies!

Re: HELP! need suggestions for song for wedding video highlight track...

• jessicamoserjessicamoser member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think ours is going to be Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, it's a really fun, sweet remake.
    Jessica 10/2/2010!
    My Planning Bio
  • tpender13tpender13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I'm using U2 "Beautiful Day" as my recessional, that might be a good choice for the DVD. Or have you heard "Finally Forever" by Chris Cornell? Check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ekxQHI1cJtA

• edited December 2011
    I don't have any specific suggestions, but I always think our videographer picks great songs for his hightlight videos, so maybe you could watch some for inspiration

thecaptureblog.com
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I would suggest "History in a Making" by Darius Rucker. We were going to use that for our slideshow at the wedding but we didn't get around to making one. It's a perfect song for a wedding, IMO.
    Trying to Conceive Ticker "All that I'm after is a life full of laughter, As long as I'm laughing with you" Planning Bio image
  • edited December 2011
    I walked down the aisle to Love is All Around.  My favorite version of the song is by Wet, Wet, Wet.

Otherwise, I second leggwilliam's suggestion of checking out the videos from Capture Studios.
  • debbieupperdebbieupper member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Haha, Jen, whenever I hear that song I immediately change the lyrics to "ChristMAS is all around us ... come on and let it snow!" because of Love Actually.

But I just listened to the Wet, Wet, Wet version and it's really sweet!
    Married and lovin' it!
    Our Wedding! (click.)
  • edited December 2011
    I love "The Way I Am" by Ingrid Michaelson for something a bit unconventional?  Very cute though in my opinion.
  • edited December 2011
    Debbie - I adore Love Actually, and its one of the reasons that song always makes me smile!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards