New York-Hudson Valley

Poughkeepsie brides- shuttle, taxi, or car?

I'm trying to decide whether I want to reserve a shuttle bus to bring our guests from their hotel to our wedding venue in Poughkeepsie, and then back to the hotel from our reception venue at the end of the night. Our ceremony and reception sites are a short walk from each other (getting married at Vassar campus, then reception at the VC Alumnae House), but I kind of also want the shuttle to wait during the ceremony and transport guests to the reception, as well.

Is it worth it to spend the money on a shuttle bus? We could also give out the phone numbers for the local cab companies so people can get to the ceremony that way, but I remember the various taxi services as being unreliable at times. I just want to make sure that our guests arrive safely and easily, and I'd prefer that guests not drive their own cars in case they're a bit too tipsy at the end of the night.

What are other brides doing about transportation for their guests? I'd love some feedback on this one. Thanks! :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

October 6, 2012!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Poughkeepsie brides- shuttle, taxi, or car?

• I'm currently struggling with this dilemma as well! Trying to find a hotel that will offer a shuttle service for our guests.. not as easy to come by as I thought. Only hotel I have found that provides one is the Hampton Inn in Poughkeepsie. Have you found any others?

So far I have been recommended ANN transaporation and Bestbus.net from one of the hotels. Don't know anything about them though. Sorry I'm not much of a help =(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The Holiday Inn Express, also in Poughkeepsie has a shuttle service I think depending on how close your venue is.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am gonna do a shuttle. limos are too cramped for me
    Photobucket invite1
  • Oooh, I didn't even think about the hotel having a shuttle service! That's a great option to look into. Thanks, ladies!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

October 6, 2012!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• This was some of the best money we ever spent! 

We did not want anyone driving even if only one drink and for those guests that were out of town and staying at the hotels (we had two), we felt this put the pressure off trying to find the venue, etc. (even though directions were provided).

We used JTR and they were great to work with.

PS-the hotels we used did NOT have shuttes (Hotel Sierra...now a Hyatt and the Courtyard in Fishkill)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • We are getting a shuttle/party bus to transport our guests to & from the hotel (Fishkill) to the reception (Cold Spring).  Depending on the # of guests we'll have a few runs done.
  • Hi Guys,
    I am getting getting married at a church in fishkill. My reception is at dutchess manor just sout of beacon on rt. 9d.  Our hotel is at the hyatt house (formerly hotel sierra) in fishkill.  Since most of our guests are from out of town and larger areas like pittsburgh I didn't want them driving around the backroads drunk after the reception.  There is hardly any lighting there.  None of the hotels I contacted in fishkill provided a shuttle.  So I had to order one from ANN limo with my limo service. I think it ended up being like $650? it holds like 22 people, handicap accessible and they will make at least 2 trips back and forth each way before and after the wedding. reception is at 6, they start picking people up at 5 at the hotel.I think i have like 30 hotel rooms all booked up already. We got 1 free night in the hotel and free champagen and choc strawberries as a gift in our room as well. I think i would have went for the free shuttle bus if they offered haha.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards