Wedding Etiquette Forum

Rules you wish TK would instate

1.  After 2 or 3 days from the last response, the discussion should be closed.  Seriously someone just restarted a heated thread on the board that FINALLY died a week ago.

2.  There should be guidelines on the creating your SN page about not including names.

3.  The word princess should not be allowed in SNs. 
imageBabyFruit Ticker

Re: Rules you wish TK would instate

• Boxpunch for saying "but it's my day!"
  • This isn't really a rule but I wish there was automatic spell check for posts, similar to automatic spell checking on gmail and a lot of other websites. I know its bad but I really rely on spell check.

Also, I second DNBs rules.
  • You could put a flame on a post to flame people similar to the "like" button on facebook...it would make thing so much faster.
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • The "don't use your name!!!!!" suggestions are there, I think. 
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_rules-wish-tk-would-instate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:96556666-6542-40d5-8bca-a5cc614380f5Post:ba7928ed-6e79-46d5-8c7d-851133e19812">Re: Rules you wish TK would instate</a>:
    [QUOTE]Boxpunch for saying "but it's my day!"
    Posted by The Mel and Todd Show[/QUOTE]
    and "my special day" and "hubby"
  • I'd love a like button. I would hope it would keep people from saying the exact same thing that a person 5 people above them just said.

Also, I wish they'd go back to email notifications for PM's. I thought they were working on this, but yet, no email notifications.
    Vacation with Alix, Andy, Mandy, and FLORENCE. AND HER MACHINE.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Nested quotes would be nice.  I know the Nest has this, I guess that makes sense (bad pun).  So that's not really a rule, but yeah.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Waiting to meet the baby broccoli on 5/5/2013!
  • I wish it simply wouldn't allow a double post.  I mean, it won't let you respond twice in a certain amount of time, why does it let you post a thread twice?
    Photobucket
  • I definitely think a like button, or a ditto button that would list all the posters who agree about that post. 

Squirrly it may very well be there, I just don't remember.  They should do a disclaminer then as to what can happen to you if your names are in there, like weddings cancelled.  Since clearly people aren't listening to the advice they are giving now.

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_rules-wish-tk-would-instate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:96556666-6542-40d5-8bca-a5cc614380f5Post:b8cfc086-75cd-41d8-b717-ef3f87225da9">Re: Rules you wish TK would instate</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish it simply wouldn't allow a double post.  I mean, it won't let you respond twice in a certain amount of time, why does it let you post a thread twice?
    Posted by kellyjellybelly[/QUOTE]

That is weird - I'd never really thought about the fact that it yells at you if you try two separate posts within a short period of time, but will allow a double post.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I really wish there were sig size restrictions.

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_rules-wish-tk-would-instate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:96556666-6542-40d5-8bca-a5cc614380f5Post:ff0b705c-4971-4c4e-8356-bdb2f7f5d300">Rules you wish TK would instate</a>:
    [QUOTE]1.  After 2 or 3 days from the last response, the discussion should be closed.  Seriously someone just restarted a heated thread on the board that FINALLY died a week ago. 2.  There should be guidelines on the creating your SN page about not including names. <strong>3.  The word princess should not be allowed in SNs. </strong>
    Posted by dnbeach12[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Or queen.  I feel that choosing a SN that includes royalty is like naming your kid one of those crazy celebrity names.  You're just setting yourself up for disaster.

</div>
  • See, if there was a "like" button like Fische said I could just "like" all of your posts instead of saying ditto PPs because I agree with all that's already been said.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_rules-wish-tk-would-instate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:96556666-6542-40d5-8bca-a5cc614380f5Post:06c008a3-dab3-4fcb-83a9-f3b544462421">Re: Rules you wish TK would instate</a>:
    [QUOTE]This isn't really a rule but I wish there was automatic spell check for posts, similar to automatic spell checking on gmail and a lot of other websites. I know its bad but I really rely on spell check. Also, I second DNBs rules.
    Posted by annakb8[/QUOTE]

Maybe it's just because I use firefox, but I get the squiggly lines under misspelled words.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_rules-wish-tk-would-instate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:96556666-6542-40d5-8bca-a5cc614380f5Post:86911804-613c-42bb-a617-a35a5b290f5f">Re: Rules you wish TK would instate</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rules you wish TK would instate : Maybe it's just because I use firefox, but I get the squiggly lines under misspelled words.
    Posted by msmerymac[/QUOTE]

I use firefox too and this is just about the only website where I <em>don't</em> get squiggly lines! I need to squiggly lines! Especially since my keyboard at work sucks and sometime letters don't show up even though  I hit the key for them.
  • I'm with Anna! I'm on FF and I get no squiggles, but I do everywhere else!

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_rules-wish-tk-would-instate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:96556666-6542-40d5-8bca-a5cc614380f5Post:5d05e4aa-d57d-4c98-9653-e730c413bff2">Re: Rules you wish TK would instate</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Rules you wish TK would instate : Or queen.  I feel that choosing a SN that includes royalty is like naming your kid one of those crazy celebrity names.  You're just setting yourself up for disaster.
    Posted by marissa_claire[/QUOTE]

Jermaine Jackson named one of his kids Jermajesty. 

That's all I have to add to this conversation. 
  • DNB, I was definitely thinking that closing a thread after a few days of no posting would be the best.rule.ever.
  • I wish it would make the default size for uploaded pictures a bit bigger. I understand why they need them to be small, but not THAT small!
  • I hate the default for those pictures, too. I can't see jack in 'em.

The Margarita Evolution
  • Knot Annie?? Are you out there taking note of these requests?

I know people have talked about the bubbles before, so you know when people are online. I think that would help when paging people.
  • Instead of an IQ test, how about a basic spelling and grammar check?  Or, every time you post in txt spk you get a big virtual biitch slap.
  • TK should make your computer self-destruct if you make a super long post that's all one paragraph but separate thoughts with no punctuation.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I with TK had a live journal filter.

SORRY! Cannot post. Try livejournal.com instead! Thanks!

The Margarita Evolution
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_rules-wish-tk-would-instate?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:96556666-6542-40d5-8bca-a5cc614380f5Post:66c7c0d2-8a61-41b4-aded-72e8ab5f2af8">Re: Rules you wish TK would instate</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Rules you wish TK would instate : I second this. Text speak makes me stabby. Is it that much harder to type "your" than "ur"?
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

Cfas - every time I see your screenname, I want to call you cashews.  Can I call you cashews?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Or like...flag certain words for warning.

Like STOP! Are you sure you want to post this? The knot has a good memory, ya know...

Or STOP! You know this makes you sound like a dipstick, are you sure you wish to continue?

Or, STOP! You know you've used the words "i deserve" more than 3 times in this post, do you wish to post?

The Margarita Evolution
  • People shouldn't be able to alter the original posts in a thread.  You can't delete your own thread, but I hate that you can delete all the text in it.  And really, I don't think you should be able to delete any posts once they are made. 

imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • You know, I think there is a direct link between how often you are responded to, based on your name and how easy it is to shorten and or nickname you.  There should be a note about that. 
  • I think a search warning should come up before posting, as in "did you search for similar questions" to see if 2,598 have already asked this and gotten the same answer.
    20130105_202820-1_zps07580b43 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • I wish that there would be an option for a cross between the PM and a normal post.  What I mean is, if you wanted to post something for five specific people too see so you could all see eachother's comments, that would be cool.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards