Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Outdoor/Garden wedding

Hey everyone,
  So I'm recently engaged and we have been trying to find something/somewhere where we could do an outside/garden wedding.  However, there don't seem to be any!  If you guys know ANY places that are West of the city, or very near the city, please let me know!

Thanks!

Re: Outdoor/Garden wedding

• jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    there's some place in ambridge...ambridge country club? something like that. there's always phipp's in town. what about looking in to country clubs?
  • nicoleh.madernicoleh.mader member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'll look up the country club in ambridge.  We went to see old economy, but didn't like it.  Then we checked out the seven oaks country club, but its really expensive, and we are on kind of a budget.  We have looking into some clubs, but none really have like a garden...  and Phipps, is expensive, and they don't give much compared to other places we've been looking.  Thanks for the ideas!
  • edited December 2011
    there are a lot of outdoor places that you can get married. I got married in butler at the succop conservancy- they have a garden in the summer. i had a friend who got married in a rose garden in monrollville. south park also has a thing bella sera. Hartwood acres. the hilton at south point. you could just do a park ... um betsy's barn or theres some places in west virginia. rolling hills cc. a lot of country clubs have them as well.
  • amn2152amn2152 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    check mellon park, schenley park. I know that Phipps garden center is more reasonable and sits in mellon park and you can do a ceremony in the park all you have to do is get a permit from the city. To keep on budget though how many people were you looking at?
  • jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hm.
    beaver lakes country club switched owners and changed their name (i think that's which country club is is that switched). also, try googling for a place in sewickley-the edgewood country club i think (i always get edgewood, edgeworth, etc. confused).

what about contacting local parks to see if they have an area that you could use for a wedding. moon park and hopewell park come to mind.
  • achromicmothachromicmoth member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure how far you're wiling to travel but there's an adorable small gazebo in Washington PA at Grammy Roses Bed and Breakfast where I'm getting married. They're very reasonable and helpful!
  • edited December 2011
    Try the Aviary.

Or, Robin Hill Park in Moon Township.
    CafeMom Tickers
    CafeMom Tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Everyone gave you great ideas, but realize that if you have an outdoor ceremony, what will you do in case of inclement weather? It is just another thing to worry about on your wedding day and you must have a solid rain plan.

That could be a tent, but truthfully needs to be an actual indoor space. Where's your reception? That can help narrow down locations for you. Or you can just have the ceremony at the reception site.
  • shortyhartzshortyhartz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Beaver Lakes Country Club in Aliquippa, PA was bought by new owners last summer and is now The Club at Shadow Lakes.  They did some renovations and expanded their hall.  Here's their site:

http://www.clubatshadowlakes.com/

I'm having my June 2011 reception here and I love the beautiful all window wall that looks out over the pond and course.  I also wanted an outdoor reception but couldn't find a place with a good back up plan so this is where we ended up.  If you'd like more information about the hall let me know!  Good luck!
  • melynda3117melynda3117 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are getting married outdoors at Foggy Mountain Lodge, it is in Stahlstown, near Somerset. Its a little over an hour from downtown.  Its not overly expensive, they have a hall right on the property for the reception afterwards. The hall, though, only holds 200 people.  Here is a picture....

• melynda3117melynda3117 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh, and if it rains.. they hold the ceremony in the hall.
  • edited December 2011
    Rolling Acres Country Club is lovely.  My aunt and uncle got married there. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards