South Carolina-Charleston

wedding saturday-photographer left town!

OMG- My photographer- Amy Prikazsky- called and said there was a death in the family and she is now on a plane to Louisiana, she won't be able to make it and that the second photographer would still be able to come (Who I don' t know anything about).  What do i do??

Re: wedding saturday-photographer left town!

• edited December 2011

Is there any way you can get some more information on him and do some research? I'm quite sure from all the good reviews on here about this particular photographer, that she would leave you in good hands.

Good Luck.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    Amy found me two photographers!!
  • edited December 2011
    You know for her being such a "good photographer" she must not have an asst. I have sent her NUMEROUS emails and lft msgs over the past three months for our wedding in April 2011. And I havent gotten one response. Sorry to burst the bubble of this photographer, but it doesnt sound like things are together. Id use her asst. and find another photographer, maybe from an art school...it helps build their portfolios. Just a suggestion, sorry to be a debbie downer too, just thought people should know!

First Date: June 8, 2009

Engaged: January 16, 2010

Tying the Knot: April 3, 2011

Wedding Countdown Ticker Someone who does not run towards the allure of love walks a road where nothing lives.-Rumi
  • DRibeiro13DRibeiro13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmm....I actually have booked Amy for my April 2011 wedding and we have emailed back and forth over the last month...she always responds within an hour of my email and she has been great to work with so far...things ARE together for me at least. At the original poster I am glad she found you two available photographers that you can work with!
  • kpope51486kpope51486 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Amy for my June 26th wedding.  Her second photographer (Buddy) is as awesome as she is and gives you great pics.  Don't stress, everything will come out beautifully.  Just make sure you have provided a detailed list of the particulars that you definately want pics of and they will get done.  Have a great wedding and congratulations.
  • edited December 2011
    Hmm yah a bit weird. Is your date the 3rd of april, if so I may understand. But a simple, 'Im already booked" would have been fine, for being a professional and all. Or maybe our budget doesnt meet her pkgs?Or is Myrtle Beach too far away, even tho it says all over SC on her page. . O well, glad you guys got in touch with her and hope she makes great photos for ya.

First Date: June 8, 2009

Engaged: January 16, 2010

Tying the Knot: April 3, 2011

Wedding Countdown Ticker Someone who does not run towards the allure of love walks a road where nothing lives.-Rumi
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so glad she found you 2 photographers. That says a lot about her that she wouldn't just leave you high and dry. We have been working with Amy for our wedding and love her. She is always very prompt on returning emails or phone calls, and has been very trust worthy. We also met Buddy because he will be a 2nd at our wedding and really liked him a lot!

You should definitely not worry-Amy wouldn't leave you with just anyone. We are so excited about her doing our wedding
  • edited December 2011
    I'm so glad that yall put reviews about Buddy.  He is not the one in charge and the second shooter is a photography student.  Amy is wonderful-she really did do a great job in finding other photographers on such a short notice.  I really would recommend her.
  • MellandNateMellandNate member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Any professional photographer who is a valid professional will have a list of fellow photographers that can assist in emergency situations. Sounds like she nailed it to me :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards