Not Engaged Yet

Monday Confessions

2»

Re: Monday Confessions

• I confess that I had a huge BSC moment on Sunday when my sister told me she found out BF talked with my Dad about asking me to marry him. Yep, I need to forget about this right now and enjoy how good things have been. I wish my sister hadn't said anything and I really wish my Dad wouldn't have told my sister who couldn't keep a secret if her life depended on it.

I confess I ate like shlt this weekend and I feel like total crap today yet, I still want a candy bar.

I confess that I bought 3 different study materials for the LSATS and I haven't opened them once. I need to stop being so unmotivated.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I confess that I'm kind of obsessed with how fantastic my boobs look lately.
    I french with my man
  • I confess that when I went out for lunch at work and ordered the "fresh tomato, basil mozzarella" from the sandwich menu and did not receive it in sandwich form I was disappointed so I went next door to Trader Joe's and bought a peanut butter cupcake.
    Anniversary
  • I confess that I under cooked the chicken the other night and then burned the meatballs last night AND spilled them on my arm when FI walked in, consequently burning my arm, sending meatballs flying across the kitchen, and splattering my oven with marinara sauce. I instantaneously burst into tears. I am a TERRIBLE housewife. 

I confess that I really don't appreciate my brother telling my "how dad's brain is." It makes me want to jump through the phone and punch him in the face.

I confess that I have severe anxiety about getting work done today. I'm too close to deadlines and I don't want to face them. 

I confess I have a phone interview tomorrow and I'm so nervous I may pee myself. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • In Response to Re: Monday Confessions:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I had a huge BSC moment on Sunday when my sister told me she found out BF talked with my Dad about asking me to marry him. Yep, I need to forget about this right now and enjoy how good things have been. I wish my sister hadn't said anything and I really wish my Dad wouldn't have told my sister who couldn't keep a secret if her life depended on it. I confess I ate like shlt this weekend and I feel like total crap today yet, I still want a candy bar. I confess that I bought 3 different study materials for the LSATS and I haven't opened them once. I need to stop being so unmotivated.
    Posted by steign[/QUOTE]
    I'm sorry. I was upset too when my parents told me that myyounger sister's then BF was proposing to her.  I was beyond upset and frustrated.

Anniversary

• edited January 2013
    @Liv - Hang in there, waiting for the "I love you." Based on everything you've said about this guy, I feel like it has to be coming soon! My youngest sister is in her first serious relationship (she's 19), and complained to me all the time that her BF hadn't said it to her yet, and she's only been with him for about 3 months so far! This past week, she said it to him, and he he told her he had very strong feelings for her, but he wasn't ready to say it yet. And now, she's even more confused about their relationship. The silly thing is, their relationship was going GREAT beforehand, and while I respect her for being brave enough to take that plunge first, it's now made her doubt his feelings for her. Different people (and I don't think this is just a difference between guys and girls) are ready for this at different times, and I don't think it has very much bearing on the relationship at all (as long as it happens eventually). I totally get what you're saying about being frustrated that you can't express your feelings freely though.

And I'm also with you regarding body image. Lately, I've just been hating the way I look. It didn't help that while watching Girls last night, BF said "Is it just me, or is Alison Williams stunning?" He actually used the word "stunning." Yes, if only we were all 5'8'' and 120lbs, with perfect boobs. Grrrrrrr.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I confess I am SO OVER weddings.  We have six that we're invited to in the next year and they're SEVERELY cutting into our vacation budget this year.

This blows.

It should be noted that of the six weddings: I'm in one (my best friend), BF is in one (his best friend), one is my college roomie (we're not going), one is my bff from when I was little (we're likely going, even though it's a bad financial choice), one is my cousin, and one is a coworker (if it's local, we'll go to keep peace at work)

I feel like I should turn into one of those jerks that gives $20-30 knife sets as the gift from both of us (my other confession: I judge both couples that did this when my sis got married, even though I don't know them.  I know there's no price limit with wedding gifts, but a wedding seems like more than a $10-15/each occasion.)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:88f3ad28-5f35-45cc-aad9-aa9b19f3e9c4Post:2a9f17dd-abdd-436c-8a5e-08bc201f4c33">Re: Monday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess I am SO OVER weddings.  We have six that we're invited to in the next year and they're SEVERELY cutting into our vacation budget this year. This blows. It should be noted that of the six weddings: I'm in one (my best friend), BF is in one (his best friend), one is my college roomie (we're not going), one is my bff from when I was little (we're likely going, even though it's a bad financial choice), one is my cousin, and one is a coworker (if it's local, we'll go to keep peace at work) I feel like I should turn into one of those jerks that gives $20-30 knife sets as the gift from both of us (my other confession: I judge both couples that did this when my sis got married, even though I don't know them.  I know there's no price limit with wedding gifts, <strong>but a wedding seems like more than a $10-15/each occasion.)</strong>
    Posted by Blue & White[/QUOTE]
    One would think.  Confession: I got kind of annoyed with close relatives that didn't even give us a card.  I don't care that we didn't get a gift, but really, you couldn't take the time for a card?
    Anniversary
  • We have 4 weddings to attend this year I think, as far as I know.  I don't think there will be anymore.  One I am in and the other is in OH, BFs couson on my bday.

Anniversary

• SwazzleSwazzle member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited January 2013
    I confess that I have a countdown to Catching Fire on my phone. 

297 days, 10 hours, and 10 minutes. 

• I confess that although I'm pretty much keeping my cool, I'm quietly terrified by my mom's neurosurgery to remove her meningioma next week. It's starting at 5:30 in the morning and will last somewhere between 8 and 16 hours then she'll be in the neuro ICU for five days. It might not even be her last surgery because the tumor has degraded a couple of her cervical vertebrae, so she may have to have her neck fused which means she'll never be able to turn her head again. I'm glad that we're finally moving forward with treatment, as this has been ongoing since Thanksgiving, but it's still really scary.

• I'm so sorry still.  I'll definitely be thinking about you and your family over the next few days.
  • oh, and I confess that my online Accounting class makes me feel really stupid.  :( 
  • I'm so sorry Still- I'll be keepibng her and your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Anniversary

• I'm sorry Still :(

• I'm sorry too, Still. I will be thinking of you all during this difficult time. <3

• <3 for Still and her mama. (Who is wicked pretty, I saw her picture before.)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:88f3ad28-5f35-45cc-aad9-aa9b19f3e9c4Post:bfdb8592-f360-420b-b1a4-21fad1eef641">Re: Monday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE](Who is wicked pretty, I saw her picture before.)
    Posted by jenjenniferf[/QUOTE]

Aww, thanks! Everyone's always stunned to hear that she's 57.

And thank you for your thoughts, everyone. I'm just hoping everything will go extremely smoothly. I know that I'll be staying with my parents for the first couple of nights that she's home just in case they need me, but I'm really hoping that she'll bounce right back.

• ShiroyashaShiroyasha member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2013
    I confess that I haven't done the first homework assignment for my child development class tonight because I still don't know if I'm in the class or not. And I don't want to buy a textbook if I don't get into the class.

I confess that I'm being completely lazy and not doing a damn thing today because I feel like I've earned it.

I confess that I'm a little pissed off at my friends who are constantly telling me how much they miss me and that I should drive down to see them.  Yes, I know I moved away, therefore I expect to drive down to see you more often, but for every 1 time you drive up to visit me, I drive down to see you almost 20 times.  It's an hour and a half drive!  You can get in a bloody car and visit me once in a while!  
  • steignsteign member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:88f3ad28-5f35-45cc-aad9-aa9b19f3e9c4Post:0ccba86e-6b7c-45f6-84f5-55340e46467e">Re: Monday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I haven't done the first homework assignment for my child development class because I still don't know if I'm in the class or not. And I don't want to buy a textbook if I don't get into the class.
    Posted by Shiroyasha[/QUOTE]

You should e-mail your teacher and ask them if they can sign you in. If you tell them you need to know right away so you can buy your book it might make the process faster than waiting for your school registar's office.

ETA: clarity

• I confess that I ate too many carrots and now I am going to explode from gas. 

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:88f3ad28-5f35-45cc-aad9-aa9b19f3e9c4Post:1135adbb-27da-49b9-9935-7acf74570601">Re: Monday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I ate too many carrots and now I am going to explode from gas. 
    Posted by rdr716[/QUOTE]

<div>BWAHAHAHAHA! I had no idea carrots could give you gas.</div><div>
    </div><div>I confess that I've been having wedding nightmares and last night's was a Hangover-style bacheloretty party dream, but my friends ended up hating my guts. I woke up really upset. But there was a clown in the dream. It was weird. </div>
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:88f3ad28-5f35-45cc-aad9-aa9b19f3e9c4Post:d534c0c0-5b08-44de-8923-bd0427bccfba">Re: Monday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Confessions : BWAHAHAHAHA! I had no idea carrots could give you gas.
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]

hahah Me either! They give me hiccups though.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:88f3ad28-5f35-45cc-aad9-aa9b19f3e9c4Post:2ab2c3a3-a695-4fb7-a148-9a89c8df4abd">Re: Monday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Confessions : hahah Me either! <strong>They give me hiccups</strong> though.
    Posted by jenjenniferf[/QUOTE]

Good to know I am not the only weird one!

I confess I haven't been around much on this board. I was in a slump and needed to get over it.

I confess that I feel like I am never going to get caught up financially, even though I work my butt off.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:88f3ad28-5f35-45cc-aad9-aa9b19f3e9c4Post:0ccba86e-6b7c-45f6-84f5-55340e46467e">Re: Monday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]I confess that I haven't done the first homework assignment for my child development class tonight because I still don't know if I'm in the class or not. And I don't want to buy a textbook if I don't get into the class. I confess that I'm being completely lazy and not doing a damn thing today because I feel like I've earned it.<strong> I confess that I'm a little pissed off at my friends who are constantly telling me how much they miss me and that I should drive down to see them.  Yes, I know I moved away, therefore I expect to drive down to see you more often, but for every 1 time you drive up to visit me, I drive down to see you almost 20 times.  It's an hour and a half drive!  You can get in a bloody car and visit me once in a while!</strong>  
    Posted by Shiroyasha[/QUOTE]

I know exactly how this feels. I have had very few visitors in here, while I have visited my friends time & time & time again. What hurts worse than that is my family - in the NINE years I have lived here, my parents have been to visit me ONCE. It sucks.

*******************************************************************************************

• edited January 2013
    Ditto Bri and Shiro.  No one ever visits me (IN NYC!  wtf) but I go home all the time for family events.  I just get told that the city sucks so they won't come.  Gee thanks?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_monday-confessions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:88f3ad28-5f35-45cc-aad9-aa9b19f3e9c4Post:d534c0c0-5b08-44de-8923-bd0427bccfba">Re: Monday Confessions</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Monday Confessions : BWAHAHAHAHA! I had no idea carrots could give you gas. 
    Posted by audrewuh[/QUOTE]
    I had no idea either and I eat carrots on a regular basis. 

Anniversary

• Steign: That's a great idea.  I will do just that!

Bri and K: It sucks big time.  I'm just tired of listening to their whining about how they miss me and never see me, but they don't take the initiative to do so and they make me go down.  I just think I hit my limit of caring at the moment.
  • Re: the carrots and gas: I ate more than half of a 16oz bag. That could be the problem. My stomach has been all screwed up all afternoon and night.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards