Chit Chat

Creative, personal pre-wedding gift for groom

I'd like to do something special for my fiance in the months leading up to our wedding, preferably something that unfolds over a long time, not just a one-time gift. Alternatively, something that I work on from now until the wedding and then give it to him on the wedding day.

My ideas are giving him a letter for each day from now until the wedding, writing a bunch of notes in a journal and giving it to him a month before the wedding, etc. 

I would like to make something, not buy it. And I would like it to be personal.
Any ideas/suggestions?

Re: Creative, personal pre-wedding gift for groom

• what about boudoir photos?  You could then take those photos and make it into a photo album or something. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • RailWayWifeRailWayWife member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited February 2012
    I was also going to suggest boudoir photos
  • I love your idea! I think it is very sweet and thoughtful. I am having the same problem. I was also considering boudoir photo's but I do not have much self confidence in my size. I have lost 35 pounds but I still have imperfections I would like to clear up before even considering. Does anyone know how much those photo's cost?
  • I like your idea of the letters. Unfortunately a bunch of internet strangers are not going to know what your FI likes/be able to suggest a really personal gift.
    Anniversary
  • What if you buy a blank puzzle, one where the amount of pieces equal the amount of days left until your wedding. While the puzzle is all together, write a love letter to him, or your vows or something and then each day, give him a piece of the puzzle to hold onto until he has all the pieces. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_creative-personal-pre-wedding-gift-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:bae3684c-1fbf-4ab5-b1fd-73834db24801Post:86e8acd5-f8d3-4a44-9bce-ac5994c23a87">Re: Creative, personal pre-wedding gift for groom</a>:
    [QUOTE]What if you buy a blank puzzle, one where the amount of pieces equal the amount of days left until your wedding. While the puzzle is all together, write a love letter to him, or your vows or something and then each day, give him a piece of the puzzle to hold onto until he has all the pieces. :)
    Posted by NcsuPsych[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm stealing this! What an awesome idea!</div>
  • My FI is out of town until May and before he left I gave him a jar of love notes with the exact number of "I love you because..." messages for the number of days we are apart.  He opens and reads one a day.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_creative-personal-pre-wedding-gift-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:bae3684c-1fbf-4ab5-b1fd-73834db24801Post:86e8acd5-f8d3-4a44-9bce-ac5994c23a87">Re: Creative, personal pre-wedding gift for groom</a>:
    [QUOTE]What if you buy a blank puzzle, one where the amount of pieces equal the amount of days left until your wedding. While the puzzle is all together, write a love letter to him, or your vows or something and then each day, give him a piece of the puzzle to hold onto until he has all the pieces. :)
    Posted by NcsuPsych[/QUOTE]

I love this!  Do they sell these at Michael's crafts?  Or other craft stores?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_creative-personal-pre-wedding-gift-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:bae3684c-1fbf-4ab5-b1fd-73834db24801Post:ca05c3f2-fa4e-4252-8dbf-0c055a87f326">Re: Creative, personal pre-wedding gift for groom</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Creative, personal pre-wedding gift for groom : I love this!  Do they sell these at Michael's crafts?  Or other craft stores?
    Posted by adrienne0925[/QUOTE]

Ours does and they're also sold on Amazon and maybe OrientalTrading
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards