New Jersey
Options

RSVP's..has this happend to you?

Tomorrow, the 11th, is the cutoff date for my RSVPs and I still have 45 yet to hear from...which I doubt will all come by tomorrow (if so my mailman will have one busy morning lol). Anyways, I've had so many family members RSVP via word of mouth because they claim "they don't have time to send it back" Has this happend to any of you? I mean how hard is it to stick a pre-stamped envelope into the mail? lol sorry just wanted to vent. Some of the other's I haven't heard from at all, so how long after the cut off date am I supposed to wait for RSVPs? I have to order my favors soon so I'm just curious...anyways, only 31 days left to go for me!! :)

Re: RSVP's..has this happend to you?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    2 girls that I work with had the same thing happen to them.  They had to hound people for about 2 weeks after the rsvp date to find out if they were coming.  The brides contacted all of the family on her side and the grooms had to call the people on their side of the family.  Or if its your parents friends have them hound them.  It has to be so annoying that people can't take 2 minutes out of their busy lives to rsvp!
    Visit The Nest! BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    Laurms15Laurms15 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I told everyone that I wanted their card back anyway as a keepsake for my scrapbook that got a few more people to send them in via mail. The rest I just had to deal with.
  • Options
    mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Yes, it happened to us. Quite a few people didn't reply until we called/e-mailed them past the deadline and asked them if they were coming. There were one or two people who never bothered to get back to us at all.

It sucks but that's life.
  • Options
    DandT1206DandT1206 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would wait 3-4 days and then start calling/emailing people.  Get your parents/in-laws to help if it's people they know better.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think it happens to everyone. Just call. If you didn't get it by the cut off date, you probably never will.

Tara & Jose 10.17.10
  • Options
    NikkiPSUNikkiPSU member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would give it a few days, there have been times when I put the card in the mail on the RSVP date.
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    jchristeljchristel member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_rsvpshas-this-happend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:3cfbce2c-bf4a-4e4c-b290-1e9fb58e34c2Post:66dc7b83-5bf4-42bf-b1ff-abd8d72b6bba">Re: RSVP's..has this happend to you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would wait 3-4 days and then start calling/emailing people.  Get your parents/in-laws to help if it's people they know better.
    Posted by DandT1206[/QUOTE]

<div>This!  I got  about 10 the week after the cut off date, then I started calling people.  </div>
    Photobucket
  • Options
    jerseydeviljerseydevil member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Has this happened to me? Not yet - but it will next year around September. Tongue out

It's annoying and a little sad that people can't stick a card with pre-paid postage in the mail, but such is life.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_rsvpshas-this-happend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:90Discussion:3cfbce2c-bf4a-4e4c-b290-1e9fb58e34c2Post:c667ace9-43d2-4594-94c8-ba30a10ffde2">Re: RSVP's..has this happend to you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yes, it happened to us. Quite a few people didn't reply until we called/e-mailed them past the deadline and asked them if they were coming. There were one or two people who never bothered to get back to us at all. It sucks but that's life.
    Posted by mbcdefg[/QUOTE]

Exactly this happened to us. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_rsvpshas-this-happend?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:3cfbce2c-bf4a-4e4c-b290-1e9fb58e34c2Post:66dc7b83-5bf4-42bf-b1ff-abd8d72b6bba">Re: RSVP's..has this happend to you?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would wait 3-4 days and then start calling/emailing people.  Get your parents/in-laws to help if it's people they know better.
    Posted by DandT1206[/QUOTE]

This. You probably won't get them all back - some people just don't understand the concept of RSVP.
  • Options
    hcer0708hcer0708 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would wait a few days. Tomorrow is a holiday so there is no mail.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    yup.  I said the same thing (about wanting them for my scrap book), but in the end, I had to call about 50 people in order to find out if they were coming or not.  Some sent the RSVP weeks ago and I never got it.  I had a few who never got their invites altogether.  It happens to all of us.  Give it to the end of the week (in case people popped the RSVP in the mail today) before you start calling people.
    Holly & Brendan
    Wedding date 10/8/10
    EDD 5/9/13 Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards