Snarky Brides

Pretty Princess Day? Really?

Does anyone else wonder, what's up with the whole "Pretty Princess Day" thing? Is that really the image a lot of brides to be have of their wedding day? Really? I hear a lot of it here. 

It is not a "Pretty Princess Day" , really where you just get all sorts of attention heaped on you. It is a really amazing and serious thing you are doing, and for me anyway the stress in the 24 hours beforehand was intense. I breathed a huge sigh of relieve after we said our vows.

It was beautiful, intense, magical but not  some little girl "me, me, me" thing. That is a kid's birthday party, not a wedding

Re: Pretty Princess Day? Really?

• I agree - the only princess at my wedding is going to be my flower girl.  She sent me a braclet with beads that say: "Princess Andy" and she made one for herself.  Congrats on your wedding Lenore!  I'm moving to Minneapolis in like 28 days (eeek!)  Do you like it there?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_pretty-princess-day-really?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f9d59ff-553f-4ac1-b925-4cd50e1268d6Post:8124d72b-16f3-40d1-b2ee-a33cb44318c2">Re: Pretty Princess Day? Really?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree - the only princess at my wedding is going to be my flower girl.  She sent me a braclet with beads that say: "Princess Andy" and she made one for herself.  Congrats on your wedding Lenore!  I'm moving to Minneapolis in like 28 days (eeek!)  Do you like it there?
    Posted by andy71781[/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Thanks :)</div><div>
    </div><div>I come from here so I am biased, but yes it is great.Lots to do and see here. One of my best friends is from Chicago, and she came here years ago and stayed. Enjoy!

</div>
  • edited April 2010
    You're just jealous because I claimed the wedding theme: "my super sweet sixteen" before you did.
  • True story: I had a dream the other night I was working with Queen Elizabeth to plan Harry's weeding. Two things wrong with this. 1) I am spending WAY too much time at work. 2) How am I not dreaming of ME being married to Harry??
  • I guess that's why I never liked the idea of wearing a tiara for my wedding.  (Hope that doesn't hurt anyone's feelings, but ugh.)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_pretty-princess-day-really?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f9d59ff-553f-4ac1-b925-4cd50e1268d6Post:0ec73f20-fc12-40bd-8ace-903ed8cfb83c">Re: Pretty Princess Day? Really?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I guess that's why I never liked the idea of wearing a tiara for my wedding.  (Hope that doesn't hurt anyone's feelings, but ugh.)
    Posted by lharri12[/QUOTE]
    I had a similar thought a couple days ago.  I am doing a headband instead - and I'm pretty sure people will still know that I'm the bride.
  • xoxobxoxob member
    First Comment
    I HATE TIARAS. I didn't even wear one to prom.

Sorry if any of y'all wore one. I love you, so it's OK.

• Well, my first wedding wasn't regal enough for me, so I'm having another one. I didn't even get to wear my white opera gloves! *pouts*

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Brides in headbands are super-cute!!  Tiaras are nauseating, IMO.

• xoxobxoxob member
    First Comment
    I wear headbands now. So...I don't mind head bands.
  • Ok tell me this then.  If i'm wearing a pearl necklace and pearl earrings (studs) would it be totally gauche of me for my headband to have pearls in it?
  • xoxobxoxob member
    First Comment
    IDK. I would have to see the headband.
  • edited April 2010
    Pics? Usually I would choose one between earrings and a necklace, especially if there's a hair accessory too.

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • xoxobxoxob member
    First Comment
    That is how I feel. I need to see pics.
  • I wore a tiara. No foolies.

Bitches, you all just be hatin' cuz I'm awesome enough to pull it off.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Pearls - awesome imo. You can not go wrong.
  • I was looking for a pic of the one I want and found this instead.  This is what my flower girl will be wearing.  Tell me its not precious.  I dare you.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_pretty-princess-day-really?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f9d59ff-553f-4ac1-b925-4cd50e1268d6Post:e6311f6e-ab7a-4a05-b987-52350f82910c">Re: Pretty Princess Day? Really?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Ok tell me this then.  If i'm wearing a pearl necklace and pearl earrings (studs) would it be totally gauche of me for my headband to have pearls in it?
    Posted by andy71781[/QUOTE]

<div>I would mix it up a little wear, another type of headband. I had a pearl and crystal comb with crystal earrings and bracelet. The dress beading was various glass stuff.</div>
  • My headband will look a little something like this....
    The pearl necklace btw was his mom's who died 5 years before we met.  His dad gave me pearl earrings for christmas.  I didn't stop crying for hours.

• xoxobxoxob member
    First Comment
    SO  adorable.

I don't know. I'm wearing my g-ma's pearls. I will probably wear some kind of blue earring. I have no idea how I am wearing mah hairs.

Meg. I bet you looked beeyootifal.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_pretty-princess-day-really?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f9d59ff-553f-4ac1-b925-4cd50e1268d6Post:55f50b4d-a7ad-4143-8870-fba80a241693">Re: Pretty Princess Day? Really?</a>:
    [QUOTE]My headband will look a little something like this.... The pearl necklace btw was his mom's who died 5 years before we met.  His dad gave me pearl earrings for christmas.  I didn't stop crying for hours.
    Posted by andy71781[/QUOTE]

LOVE. I think it's understated enough to not look like pearl overkill.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_pretty-princess-day-really?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f9d59ff-553f-4ac1-b925-4cd50e1268d6Post:34473d8a-207e-4379-a82c-395407d10422">Re: Pretty Princess Day? Really?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Pretty Princess Day? Really? : LOVE. I think it's understated enough to not look like pearl overkill.
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]

<div>Now that I see it I agree, lovely.</div>
  • As you can see by my styling moves, I am awesome enough to pull off anything, lol.

If you fire a WP member, you're against America.

"Meg cracks me up on the regular. Now she gets to do it in two different forums. Yay!!" ~mkrupar
  • Love that pic Meg!  Thanks for your advice ladies.  Now I just have to make sure I fit in the dress and it will be alright! 
  • I think the headband is very pretty.  And the whole story about the pearls is so sweet :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_pretty-princess-day-really?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f9d59ff-553f-4ac1-b925-4cd50e1268d6Post:cdeb162a-563a-4471-bb98-12275d324309">Re: Pretty Princess Day? Really?</a>:
    [QUOTE]As you can see by my styling moves, I am awesome enough to pull off anything, lol.
    Posted by megk8oz[/QUOTE]

You are adorable! I love dancing brides. :)

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_pretty-princess-day-really?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:6f9d59ff-553f-4ac1-b925-4cd50e1268d6Post:7297ef89-ca36-4377-8057-7cfaa9c167cf">Re: Pretty Princess Day? Really?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think the headband is very pretty.  And the whole story about the pearls is so sweet :)
    Posted by lharri12[/QUOTE]
    Thanks - I am so blessed to be marrying into a wonderful family. 
  • Eff a tiara, I wore a freakin crown.
    BFP(1) DD1 born 4.17.10 @ 33w5d due to pPROM
    BFP(4) DD2 born 2.14.13 @ 35w5d due to pPROM

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • OMG sucrets your baby is so freaking cute!!!!!!  How are you doing?  Is she home?
  • xoxobxoxob member
    First Comment
    I like it!

OK. I am going to bed.

I may not see y'all tomorrow! I can't knot at work and it's my birthday and none of my friends have asked me to do anything...so, I am hoping FI planned a surprise!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards