Arizona-Phoenix

Having second thoughts on my Venue

So... I LOVE my venue which is the Boojum Tree Hidden Gardens. But I find myself having some second thoughts and thinking that there may be some better options for me now. I'm just a very indecisive person, so when I make decisions later I begin second guessing myself and feeling like I made the wrong choice. I've already paid about 50% of the cost so canceling isn't a good option. Anyone else feel this way? Advice?

Re: Having second thoughts on my Venue

• alschmidalschmid member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I've had second thoughts on venue as well.  I feel like there are just too many options out there!  Anyway, don't worry about it - it will be beautiful and remember the day is more about the couple and celebrating with your guests :)

I think boojum tree is gorgeous!
    BIO: Updated 7/28 with bridesmaid dresses

Amy & Ian

image 133 Invited so far!
    image 48 Are ready to party!
    image 27 Will be missing out! (12 kids)
    image 59 Are MIA!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Boojum tree is a great choice!!   I would have loved to book there if I could have afforded it! 

I'm indecisive too, so I know I'm going to have a rough time of it as I have to make more decisions and get everything in writing.  I haven't had any doubts about venue yet, but it hasn't been booked that long either!  I'm sure I'll get around to that point!

Just remember there was a reason that you were wanting your day to be there, and I'm sure it's a great reason (or a few!) and it will all work out perfectly when it comes down to it!
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• edited December 2011
    I always feel this way.  About everything :(  I have had the same thoughts about the venue, dress, food, etc.  I just try to remember that there are very good reasons that I picked what I did and I don't shop around by looking at magazines or online or anything like that.   I absolutely love the things I have decided on, but am naturally indecisive and overanalyze everything.  Just remember all the things you loved about the venue when you booked it, because those things will be there when you get married!  It will be great!  There's always something different out there, but it doesn't necessarily mean better :)
  • sboobear03sboobear03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love that place! Its so beautiful! Liek PP said, if it was in my budget I would be getting married there.
    I did have second and third thoughts on my first venue and cancelled two weeks after booking it. We lost 10% of our deposit, which was only $50. It ended up being a great thing because we found an awesome all-inclusive package at a country club. Its so pretty! The corrdinator was awesome in the beginning but now I am starting to get irritated by her. That is making me second guess this venue now too. I am not cancelling though because we have a lot of money into it and our wedding is in 89 days!!
    Oh I have second thoughts on my dress too...I have second thoughts on everything. We picked everything for a reason. Maybe they will let you come and look at the venue again. Then you can fall in love with it all over again! :-)
  • belgirlbelgirl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Remember, the grass will ALWAYS be greener.  I say, stick with your first choice.  Its a beautiful location and everyone will love it. 
  • edited December 2011
    Boojum Tree is beautiful, it is such a unique place, so I think it's great.  I had my options narrowed down to two places, and every now and then I do wonder if it would be better at the other place.  I just think back to when I was deciding and how I was thinking then that they are both great places, so there is no bad choice.  Wedding planning is hard for us indecisive ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kpwedkkkpwedkk member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Stick with what you have, I too, would have loved to have that location, but they weren't in our budget...  Keep with it, and move onto the next task in your wedding planning! And have fun too, it's an experience of a lifetime!

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • JMejia1972JMejia1972 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for setting me straight girls! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards