African American Weddings

Do you take off your e-ring and if so why?

The day my FI gave me my engagement ring he asked if I planned to sleep with it on and wear it in the shower. I thought the answer was obvious but I have come across some various opinions on this topic so I figured I would ask here if you ever take off your ring and if so why.

Re: Do you take off your e-ring and if so why?

• desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yeah... im allergic to it. it makes my finger turn black and it itches like hell... so i guess im allergic to white gold. 
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • edited December 2011
    Yes, for household cleaning, workouts, hair styling, and lotion. The metal scratches quickly and I don't want anything to happen to the stone. I tried wearing it 24-7 and ended up having to get the stone setting tightened...
  • tamtam7tamtam7 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Giiiiiiiiirl!  I take that thing off a lot.  On a couple of occassions, I've forgotten to wear it.  I take it off at night...I don't sleep with it.  I take it off in the shower, and I try to take it off when I put lotion on because I hate that the lotion gets under the diamond, but I ususally forget and just have to clean it.  I also take it off when washing dishes and doing other housecleaning.  I slept in it the first night, and my FI was like, that's crazy and you're going to mess up the ring.  So I stopped doing that.

• Lady05Lady05 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes.. I take it off during houshold cleaning and when i do my hair thats it. My FI is always making sure its on my finger plus I love my ring.
  • edited December 2011
    I;ve had to stopp wearing it because my fingers have swollen due to pregnancy. I had to have it resized so I can at least wear it when we get married.
  • edited December 2011
    Only when painting and putting on lotion.
  • adgenyaadgenya member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I take it off a lot (and sometimes forget to put it back on). I take it off when I am sleeping, in the shower, putting lotion on, and sometimes when I am cooking. I usually only wear it when I am out in public. 
  • edited December 2011
    I don't take mine off. Only when I clean.
    Lovin Kimmie
  • edited December 2011

I take mines off when exercising, cleaning, showering, and putting on lotion; otherwise, I love wearing it. Smile

Image and video hosting by TinyPicAnniversary
  • ladylumladylum member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    There was a time I didn't take it off at all but because I have a delicate setting it has been advised that I take it off when I clean, cook, sleep, take a shower, put lotion on, in other words any activity that can put stress on the setting. I have lost 5 diamonds on my ring and I need to get those replaced and cleaned before the wedding.
  • edited December 2011

Just like the other ladies I only take my ring off to clean, put lotion on and sometimes at night, and when doing my hair...

• edited December 2011
    I rarely put on mine. LOL! Just to go out.
  • edited December 2011
    Yes. It's like shoes, I pretty much take it off as soon as I get in the house and put it on when I'm getting ready to leave the house.
  • edited December 2011
    Not really. Just to cook, excercise or put on lotion. Hell when he proposed, it was a little too small. I was so happy, that I still wore it. I thougt my finger was going to fall off. But I did't care. lol
    Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I take mine off when i go to sleep and I put it back on when I leave the house.  I have only forogtten to wear it once!  I slept with it on the night we got engaged and FI almost demanded that I take it off to shower (I have a bit of a clumsy record) :). I do not put it on unless I am leaving the house!  I stayed at home all day yesterday and did not put i ton until this morning.   
  • edited December 2011
    I only wear mine when I leave the house.  I take it off when I wash my hands (I'm trying to break that habit,) put on lotion, shower, and do my hair.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Soon as I walk in the door, ring is off. I need to get it resized again, maybe then I will keep it on. I always remove it for washing dishes, cooking, applying lotion or doing my hair.

Get your Pregnancy Tickers

Baby Gender Predictor

• badbymyselfbadbymyself member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I only take my ring off when I wash my hair, other than that I never take it off, I love it too much!
  • edited December 2011
    I don't really wear mine anymore.  Everytime i wear it I ended up scratching it and because it is white gold, my ring kept turning yellow gold.
  • Panda16Panda16 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea when I'm at home it's usually off. But I always put it on when I leave the house. It's become such a habit that I feel naked without it on outside, lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards