Hawaii

Need a venting moment....

I'm a little peeved right now, even though there's nothing I can do about it.  I originally based my numbers on a group of my aunts taking a girls trip...and two of them decided to bring their husbands.

I guess I can't be upset since they would like to make a vacation out of my wedding, but ironically neither of their Save the Dates had their husbands names on them.  Oh well, looks like our number is now 52.  I guess it could be worse.

We shall see...all I have to say is I am so happy that the number is 52, because if our wedding was at home it would probably be 352.

Have a good night girls!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Need a venting moment....

• carrieoz_76carrieoz_76 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yea, that's tough, because even if you think and expect family members will come to the wedding without their spouses, you really have to invite the spouses because a married couple is a social unit.

Think of it this way - the difference between 50 and 52 isn't that much.  And you'll probably have a couple ppl drop out as you get closer, too.
  • edited December 2011
    vent away! but as you said 52 is better than 352!  :) always an upside.  Hang in there :) i'm kinda anxious when the invitation time (awhile from now) comes for me...i'll bet I need to vent a lot and possibly a few drinks hehe :)
    Todd & Cari
    7.23.2011~Hale Koa Hotel
  • edited December 2011
    Carrie's right - spouses have to be included in invites. 52 isn't bad though especially given the alternative. 350?!? Holy moly.
  • edited December 2011
    Yayyyy - somebody else to take over my venting rants lol.  Sometimes they are just needed!   352 - OMG, yeah, lets be thrilled with 52 lol.

Hang in there.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for listening girls and for the perspective...

I know it was extremely silly but figured if I complained about it to anyone else they just wouldn't understand.  I think I just needed a good nights sleep... :)

The situation now is just laughable...after all our ceremony/reception is extremely laid back...so we'll just need a larger beach permit ;)

Once again have a great night girls!  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards