Minnesota

What are some beautiful but affordable outdoor venues in DULUTH or near?

I don't want anything common like Engar Tower or the rose garden.
I am looking for something that has a rustic feel or can be easily transitioned to.
A winery would be fantastic but I can't find any that are close.

I don't have a huge budget, I just want something reasonable.

Thanks!
:)

Re: What are some beautiful but affordable outdoor venues in DULUTH or near?

• edited December 2011
    You could always get married in a state park such as Gooseberry Falls and Jay Cooke, or another outdoor area such as Brighton Beach, McQuade Landing, and Park Point. Since you don't want anything common does that mean Spirit Mountain and the Glensheen gardens are out? Both are more expensive than the others I've listed.
  • edited December 2011
    Not sure if this would be of interest, but I just went to a wedding at Spirit Mountain and it was a beautiful venue.  Its not :rustic: per se, but its outdoorsy and has a wonderful views.

The staff was great and the wedding went off flawlessly which makes me think they have their act together there.
  • edited December 2011

My fiance's brother is getting married at Lusten Resort next year. Not sure if its too far out there but it is up that way and it is outdoorish not sure about the rustic but its beautiful!

• edited December 2011
    My cousin had her reception at the DECC ... it was beautiful with Large windows looking out  to Lake Superior! It was a great view from day to night!!  Not sure how much it cost but here is the website .... www.decc.org/
  • DaniLee413DaniLee413 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am geting married at Spirit in a week and a half, so it won't be outdoors. But I have been to outdoor weddings there and it is BEAUTIFUL. Gorgous view of Duluth. If you are having a smaller wedding, there are other options too, like Jay Cook Park, which is gorgeous.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards